From: J G Miller on
On Monday, July 12th, 2010 at 17:30:41h +0200, JBJ \(4920\) explained:

> I am trying out different systems, to find the ones I like

Fair enough, but do you try reading/posting Usenet news from these
different systems to check that those aspects of their functionality
also works?

Have any of your Filipino colleagues been given an opportunity to
try out any of these systems?

It will be most instructive to learn which one they prefer.
From: TJ on
On 07/12/2010 11:39 AM, sctvguy1 wrote:
> JBJ (4920) wrote:

>> I am trying out different systems, to find the ones I like, so if I find
>> one then it goes on the shelf and I try other ones. In the meantime I'm
>> using my laptop for mail and news. Thats why!
> Don't even bother to reply to posters who are OCD on "headers" and what
> newsreader you are using. Perhaps they do not have a job, so they do not
> know that a person must post on whatever is available at work.

Most amusing, but rather unfair.

Perhaps he's self-employed. The poster in question advised me that I
should get a job a few months ago, so I could afford better hardware.
I've been self-employed since the age of 12 - nearly fifty years - and
have no intention of trading the advantages of that for the nebulous
security of a regular paycheck.

His posts indicate he's as hide-bound in his way as I am in mine.
Possibly worse.

TJ
--
Life isn't fair. It's not meant to be.
Overcoming the disadvantages we face is what makes us strong.
From: propman on
On 10-07-12 08:43 AM, J G Miller wrote:
> On Monday, July 12th, 2010 at 17:30:41h +0200, JBJ \(4920\) explained:
>
>> I am trying out different systems, to find the ones I like
>
> Fair enough, but do you try reading/posting Usenet news from these
> different systems to check that those aspects of their functionality
> also works?

What business is it of yours? Get off your high horse........
From: J G Miller on
On Monday, July 12th, 2010 at 10:32:32h -0700, ProPman asked:

> What business is it of yours?

Only in so much as the poster posts this information to a public
news group.

If somebody is touting/something as being brilliant, working like
a charm, etc, all the usual sales talk, would you be a little dubious
if the person expounding these notions does not appear to use the
product which they are so keen to promote?

> Get off your high horse........

You are clearly riding one by your attitude.
From: mjt on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:28:27 +0200
"JBJ \(4920\)" <thunder(a)spoergmig.invalid> wrote:

> Is it a Vanta card?

Most likely not.

Anyway, for a "Vanta" driver, go:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Product type: Legacy
Product Series: Vanta series
Operating System: choose whatever you're using

What's so difficult about that?

--
Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>