From: J G Miller on
On Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 at 08:57:56h -0400, TJ explained:

> But then, I would also have Linux as the company's primary OS

Companies concerned about security of their internal networks,
primarily because of the security flaws of Windoze on the desktop,
are doing just that.

<http://www.ft.COM/cms/s/2/d2f3f04e-6ccf-11df-91c8-00144feab49a.html>

From: JBJ (4920) on
"TJ" <TJ(a)noneofyour.business> skrev i meddelelsen
> On 07/12/2010 11:39 AM, sctvguy1 wrote:
>> JBJ (4920) wrote:
>

>>> I am trying out different systems, to find the ones I like, so if I
>>> find
>>> one then it goes on the shelf and I try other ones. In the meantime I'm
>>> using my laptop for mail and news. Thats why!
>> Don't even bother to reply to posters who are OCD on "headers" and what
>> newsreader you are using. Perhaps they do not have a job, so they do
>> not
>> know that a person must post on whatever is available at work.
>
> Most amusing, but rather unfair.
>
> Perhaps he's self-employed. The poster in question advised me that I
> should get a job a few months ago, so I could afford better hardware.
> I've been self-employed since the age of 12 - nearly fifty years - and
> have no intention of trading the advantages of that for the nebulous
> security of a regular paycheck.
>
> His posts indicate he's as hide-bound in his way as I am in mine.
> Possibly worse.
>
> TJ
> --
> Life isn't fair. It's not meant to be.
> Overcoming the disadvantages we face is what makes us strong.

TJ what are you talking about??? I have not written with you before, and I
certiantly don't write like that to people.

--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)

From: JBJ (4920) on
"J G Miller" <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> skrev i meddelelsen
> On Monday, July 12th, 2010 at 10:32:32h -0700, ProPman asked:
>>
>> What business is it of yours?
>
> Only in so much as the poster posts this information to a public
> news group.
>
> If somebody is touting/something as being brilliant, working like
> a charm, etc, all the usual sales talk, would you be a little dubious
> if the person expounding these notions does not appear to use the
> product which they are so keen to promote?
>
>> Get off your high horse........
>
> You are clearly riding one by your attitude.

Actually I sleep very little and work on something untill I get it done or
fixed for that matter, if I can't figure it out that I "Crawl" through the
net untill I find a solution. I try out the distro's for a week or so, and
return to them later when I have computers set up. So far I have been
through most of the Ubuntu variations, puppy, debian 5.05(I like that one),
mandriva, Ylmf, Gos, fedora.

I have now Debian 5.05 and Xubuntu 9.10 installed side by side on my test
pc.

Next is to get compiz working.

From: Aragorn on
On Wednesday 14 July 2010 00:23 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
JBJ (4920) wrote...

> "TJ" <TJ(a)noneofyour.business> skrev i meddelelsen

>>> Don't even bother to reply to posters who are OCD on "headers" and
>>> what newsreader you are using. Perhaps they do not have a job, so
>>> they do not know that a person must post on whatever is available at
>>> work.
>>
>> Most amusing, but rather unfair.
>>
>> Perhaps he's self-employed. The poster in question advised me that I
>> should get a job a few months ago, so I could afford better hardware.
>> I've been self-employed since the age of 12 - nearly fifty years -
>> and have no intention of trading the advantages of that for the
>> nebulous security of a regular paycheck.
>>
>> His posts indicate he's as hide-bound in his way as I am in mine.
>> Possibly worse.
>
> TJ what are you talking about??? I have not written with you before,
> and I certiantly don't write like that to people.

He was not talking about you, JBJ. TJ was referring to comments which
are not included in the quotes of this branch here and who came from
from another poster in this thread, with whom TJ himself had previously
been in a disagreement already in another newsgroup.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: JBJ (4920) on
"mjt" <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:28:27 +0200
> "JBJ \(4920\)" <thunder(a)spoergmig.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Is it a Vanta card?
>
> Most likely not.
>
> Anyway, for a "Vanta" driver, go:
> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
>
> Product type: Legacy
> Product Series: Vanta series
> Operating System: choose whatever you're using
>
> What's so difficult about that?
>
> --
> Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?
> <<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

Only that I allready been there before you even thought about to mention
it:), there are no driver available, forVanta, that will work with Lucid.
Vanta is no longer supported. Sure you can get a driver for linux, but it
doesn't work with Lucid and will not install corectly.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_71.86.13.html

There are alot of guides available, and I followed most of them, only to
end up with "hardware drivers" still being empty. And this is not to
mention that Lucid is born with a bug which makes the discovery of
drivers(whih normally works) very difficult.
--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)