From: J G Miller on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 01:46:40 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> I provided him a direct link to the proper driver for
> that card on the Nvidia website a couple of weeks ago,
> and he didn't respond or try it.

Searching back I do not find such a post. Perhaps
you thought you had, perhaps it was not sent, or perhaps
I am just incompetent at finding it.

For the benefits of others, may I humbly request that
you submit the posting again.
From: Dan C on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:21:28 +0000, J G Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 01:46:40 +0000, Dan C wrote:
>
>> I provided him a direct link to the proper driver for that card on the
>> Nvidia website a couple of weeks ago, and he didn't respond or try it.
>
> Searching back I do not find such a post. Perhaps you thought you had,
> perhaps it was not sent, or perhaps I am just incompetent at finding it.
>
> For the benefits of others, may I humbly request that you submit the
> posting again.

It was over in the alt.os.linux.ubuntu NG, where he asked the same
question under a different subject line:

Subject: Re: Resolution problem in Ubuntu

My post was this one:

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he mounted Piglet from behind.
From: JBJ (4920) on
"mjt" <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:44:38 +0200
"JBJ \(4920\)" <thunder(a)spoergmig.invalid> wrote:

> Next is to get compiz working.

Let me see if I understand this. You've had difficulty
finding a Linux distro that will work on old hardware
and most recently, getting an nVidia driver to work
for a 16mb Vanta video card.

And now you want to get Compiz working?

A video card with at least 64mb of VRAM is recommended
by the Compiz team.

--
Politician, n.:
From the Greek "poly" ("many") and the French "tete" ("head" or

Hi mjt, if you read all I wrote and not just a sample, then you would see
that I'm now using an ATI AGP Radeon 9100(8500LE) its 64Mb DDR. And I will
tell you that debian is now running compiz just fine, this is where I'm a
bit confused to why its working in debian but not in Ubuntu that is build
on debian!

Anyway, I like debian better:)

--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)

From: mjt on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:21:44 +0200
"JBJ \(4920\)" <thunder(a)spoergmig.invalid> wrote:
> > "mjt" <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com>
> > A video card with at least 64mb of VRAM is recommended
> > by the Compiz team.

> Hi mjt, if you read all I wrote and not just a sample,
> then you would see that I'm now using an ATI AGP Radeon
> 9100(8500LE) its 64Mb DDR. And I will tell you that debian
> is now running compiz just fine, this is where I'm a bit
> confused to why its working in debian but not in Ubuntu
> that is build on debian!

> Anyway, I like debian better:)

You need to fix your newsreader client, please!!!

A couple of other folks have asked you to fix it. Your newsreader
client is *NOT* deleting the "snip line" and all text after it.

Your reply-text is showing up AFTER the previous poster's sigline,
so your reply is appearing in the sigline. This means when a
person selects the "reply" command/button, your reply is being
snipped out completely.

Do you know what a sigline (signature) is? It begins with the
"separator line" (which consists of two dash characters, a
space character, plus a line-feed), then whatever text after that.

Your newsreader client is *broken* ... it's not cutting out the
signature, i.e., the sig-separator-line and all text after it.
Please fix it or use a *real* newsreader client.

VVV ... separator line (dash dash space)
--
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side,
and a dark side, and it holds the universe together ...