First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
[ANN] ABCL 0.21 released
On behalf of the developers of ABCL (Armed Bear Common Lisp) I'm glad to be able to announce the 0.21.0 release. ABCL is a Common Lisp implementation implemented in Java and running on the JVM, featuring both an interpreter and a compiler. The compiler targets the JVM directly meaning that its output is runnable ... 28 Jul 2010 16:15
ASDF-INSTALL + ClozureCL + SLIME + NTEmacs: cannot install package
Hello, I'm trying to make ASDF-INSTALL to work on SLIME (snapshot on 6 July 2010) on Windows XP. I'm following hints given at http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/HintsForAsdfAndOpenmcl and http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-install/tutorial/index-save.html. I issue these commands at SLIME's REPL: (require :as... 28 Jul 2010 07:25
free will
Today's NY Times has a long op-ed piece on that stupid monkey experiment. Oddly, I am only mentioning, not recommending it: analysis does not seem all that hot. kt -- http://www.stuckonalgebra.com "The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself." Macworld ... 26 Jul 2010 13:49
accumulate function in Lisp
Apologies in advance if this is a naive question, since I'm new to Lisp (my background is Forth). Is there an intrinsic function in Common Lisp which will iterate over each element of the list and apply a binary function between an integer and the list element. The return value should be an integer. I'm familiar... 25 Jul 2010 12:57
floating point output?
I guess it is somewhere in the CLHS, but I can't find it. How can I print a floating point number as the C printf function does it? I want always 1.0E-5, regardless of the number type of the argument: CL-USER > (format t "~g" 1e-5) 1.0E-5 NIL CL-USER > (format t "~g" 1d-5) 1.0D-5 NIL CL-USER > (format t ... 26 Jul 2010 01:56
A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
Title Portable LISP interpreter Creator/Author Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P. Publication Date 1978 May 31 OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786 Report Number(s) UCRL-52417 DOE Contract Number W-7405-ENG-48 Resource Type Technical Report Research Org California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore Lab. Subje... 5 Aug 2010 13:32
disable debugger
I asked this before to be able to ignore divisions by zero and I was told this is implementation dependent (I use ECL 8.12); but can't I at least with a certain trick/code that is implementation independent ignore those or assign them a certain value when the division by zero occurs? I know with (setf * de... 27 Jul 2010 12:49
WORK FROM YOUR HOME AWESOME EARNINGS NO INVESTMENT
WORK FROM YOUR HOME AWESOME EARNINGS NO INVESTMENT Work with online free cpa network learn how to work from your home by using cpa offers Great payout methods( cheque,paypal,wire transfer) No investment Earn from $2-$44 per lead Awesome earnings get paid for your honest work Join as a free member and get paid... 23 Jul 2010 05:55
What's the spec for emacs lisp virtual machine ?
What's the spec for emacs lisp virtual machine ? Where are the complete set of virtual machine commands ? Where is the theory for such a virtual machine in the clearest description ? (not general theory, but one applicable directly to understanding emacs vm.) Does the emacs lisp operate as a stack push/pop o... 2 Aug 2010 15:50
James Gosling the Creator of EMACS and JAVA - leaves ORACLE - But then reports started coming in of odd failures. Systems would crash strangely. We'd get crashes in applications. All applications. Crashes in the kernel.
But then reports started coming in of odd failures. Systems would crash strangely. We'd get crashes in applications. All applications. Crashes in the kernel. But then reports started coming in of odd failures. Systems would crash strangely. We'd get crashes in applications. All applications. Crashes in the kerne... 22 Jul 2010 19:07
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last