First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Latest BlackBerry DM wipes out data in iCal/Entourage
John <jwolf6589(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote: This is a warning to those using BlackBerries. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT update to the latest version of the Mac DM. If you do, you will lose al your tasks, notes, and calendar entires on your Mac. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-for-Mac/Desktop... 27 Apr 2010 07:37
The Apple Two The iPad is Steve Jobs' final victory over the company's co-founder Steve Wozniak.
Mr X <imouttahere(a)mac.com> writes: After the NeXT takeover, Apple has been the most open tech company around. Microsoft is full of proprietary APIs and locked-in and fully monopolized software markets. You get Excel and you like it, or else. Apple has ditched its proprietary approaches and layered thei... 27 Apr 2010 06:31
How do I restore with Time Machine?
On 4/25/10 7:17 PM, John Wolf wrote: I downloaded the latest BlackBerry desktop manager this morning and after the install all my Entourage desktop tasks, notes, and calendar files go deleted. I looked on a BB website and many others are having this problem. How can I restore my BB DM back to the version th... 27 Apr 2010 01:03
Mac Firefox turns numbers into links
My Mac FF latest turns some numbers into phone number links where there is no basis for it in the HTML. Any ideas what pesky intrusion is doing this? -- dorayme ... 26 Apr 2010 06:57
Mac Book
I just purchased a used copy of W.Wang's book, My New Mac (2008). I'm not a 'new' user of Mac but I find the book to be very informative and useful. It describes how to use some of the applications on OSX and he does it in a step-by-step manner. I wish this book would have accompanied my first iMac (OSX). It's... 25 Apr 2010 09:54
The Apple Two The iPad is Steve Jobs' final victory over the company's co-founder Steve Wozniak.
http://www.newamerica.net/publications/articles/2010/the_apple_two_30264 ByTim Wu, New America Foundation April 6, 2010 | Slate In 2006, professor Jonathan Zittrain of Harvard Law School predicted that over the next decade there would be a determined effort to replace the personal computer with a new generati... 25 Apr 2010 23:23
Video format converter
I download lots of video clips in .flv format and would like to convert them for my mobile phone viewing. My mobile phone is 400 x 240 resolution. Can someone suggest any suitable video format converter for Mac 10.6.3. Thanks, Scott ... 1 May 2010 17:36
Finder slowdown on MacBook under Tiger?
For some days now I've been experiencing substantial but intermittent sluggishness in Finder response on a 2009-vintage MacBook running Tiger, and I'm wondering what to look for to eliminate it? Save commands, window openings, window re-sizings can sometimes give me a spinning beach ball for 30 seconds or long... 24 Apr 2010 13:53
Is there a way to sync iPhone calendar with Mac desktop iCal over airwaves?
When I put a new calendar event into my iPhone, I'd like to be able to initiate a sync from my iPhone with my desktop Mac, so I can get that event into my desktop iCal. Can I do this without using MobileMe? ... 23 Apr 2010 21:02
Mail.app reply links broken
When you reply to an email in Mail.app, there is a curved arrow under the dot column to indicate you have replied. Clicking the dot usefully gets you to your reply. If you delete the message received but then recover it (with say, Command Z), the link is broken. Is there any way to recover the link? And gen... 23 Apr 2010 21:02