First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Suggestions for Mozy Substitute
Mozy has been dead for more than 2 weeks so I am cancelling my account. Any suggestions for a good offsite replacement? -- I want to find a voracious, small-minded predator and name it after the IRS. Robert Bakker, paleontologist ... 14 Jun 2010 07:19
WP advice, please
I know my WP(AppleWorks 6) is archaic, but I've been using first ClarisWorks, then AppleWorks for over a decade and not only are all my documents in AW, but I don't really have to think about using it, just about content. However, the "up"grade to SabreTooth(OS 10.6.3, known by others as SnowLeopard) has slowe... 7 Jun 2010 10:45
Burning MP3 CD's with folders
John wrote: Doing this in iTunes is too complicated so I managed to do it via the finder. But I wonder what professionals are using. Same thing I've been using since around 1995. TOAST. Geoff. -- Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm(a)mendelson.com N3OWJ/4X1GM New word I coined 12/13/09, "Su... 7 Jun 2010 02:02
How to get Firefox to autofill?
Anyone know how I can get Firefox to autofill saved usernames & passwords, the way Safari does? Ff tells asks me do I want it to remember them, and I click OK, but it never autofills, not even the same sites Safari does. Thanks, Rog --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net --- ... 9 Jun 2010 00:59
I'll add more RAM to my MacBook
On 2010-06-03 17:15:34 -0600, John <jwolf6589(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> said: All I know in my experience it was not enough and I ran nothing but Word and Explorer, And your experience is what matters. Just for the record, my experience is the same. Though, since I run some heavy duty (read: memory hungry) busine... 7 Jun 2010 23:16
Two more iPod touch questions
How can one erase individual photos from an iPod touch library? Sounds stupid, but I spent an hour and can't figure it out. My MacBook music library is 10 times as big as my iPod touch library. How can I restore my iPod library onto a new touch? TIA -- During times of universal deceit, telling the tru... 3 Jun 2010 15:39
Applescript / Quicktime
I want a macro that issues the statement: quicktime, begin recording audio now. I use Quickeys to initiate the application start fro Quicktime, and the menu-selection of "New Audio Recording" but it won't push the button for "begin recording". And another for "end" recording" while we're at it. I don't li... 4 Jun 2010 00:30
SnowLeopard--HELP!!
People accuse me of upgrade paranoia. This OS is the best justification for it EVER! I had to have it for the iPad I hope someday to have the time to get better acquainted with*. First I need to heal my laptop. OS 10.6.3 has killed my address book, hidden some fonts, and killed my local network connection t... 7 Jun 2010 10:45
Palm Desktop color highlighting
When I search the Palm Desktop and click on name, phone, etc. it become highlighted in bright red making reading the info difficult. How can I turn off the color or at least change it to a softer highlight. ... 1 Jun 2010 22:59
VMWare Fusion
John <jwolf6589(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote: I am so sick and tired of the lame Mac BB app and the many limitations of Entourage. [After some guesswork, I assume BB means "Blackberry".] I am thinking about VMWare Fusion. How is it? Parallels was slow on my 2GB RAM Mac running WinXP (I have high standards ... 8 Jun 2010 17:12