First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Newsreaders in general
In article <100620100730428340%HP(a)snotmail.com>, High Priest <HP(a)snotmail.com> wrote: I've expressed before the opinion that there is no truly functional, stable, fully-featured, professional, easy-to-use NNTP reader. These pages seem to support that view. I would happily pay $100 for such as tool. Why,... 25 Jul 2010 08:39
How to make web page for "Reader"
M-M wrote: Some of my pages will give the "Reader" icon in Safari 5, others will not. I cannot figure what it takes to make it work. For example, this one works: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/moon.html And this one does not: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/smokesys.html Ditto. Do... 13 Jun 2010 14:55
Google Earth "Push" Updating?
Apparently, Google Earth 5 gets automatically updated without notification, and without even running at the time! The only reason I found out about this is because I have NAV running, and it scanned the disk image for the update when it mounted. My copy of GE is now version 5.1, updated today, without even so mu... 10 Jun 2010 00:12
Mail stopped giving sound alerts
I got a new mac and I am having the same problem but unticking idle command did not work for me! Is there any more suggestions? --- frmsrcurl: http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.mac.apps/Mail-stopped-giving-sound-alerts ... 9 Jun 2010 10:50
iCal quirks syncing with Google Calendar and Android
I found out how to set up iCal to sync with Google Calendar and my Android phone (please don't hate me for abandoning my Apple fanboi status with the new Evo - it is just a better phone for me on a number of levels). I can enter an event on either the iCal (on my MacBook Pro) or the Google Calendar or the Ev... 8 Jun 2010 20:36
Software for NOTECARDING and SORTING research information?
I'm looking for software that will allow me to organize research information for a book, a computerized version of notecards, if you will, only with the ability to tag each card with multiple identifiers for searching and sorting. For example: Say I'm writing a book about Matt, Mark, Luke and John who lived in ... 14 Jun 2010 12:52
Boxee Problem
A while back, I installed Boxee on my system <OS X Snow Leopard>, used it for a while, didn't like it, deleted it from my machine <I thought>. I dropped it into the trash and thought that it would delete all files from my app folder. Recently. I opened up Console app and discovered what I will show below, which has a... 10 Jun 2010 11:07
Safari 5.0
Updated from 4.0.5, Safari 5.0 crashes repeatedly, intel iMac. I noted it was set to operate in 32-bit, toggled that off. Eventually I opened ownership options in Pathfinder and reset them all to mirror access from 4.0.5. Seems to work okay--netflix will stream film. As usual, it disables PithHelmet. Can an... 8 Jun 2010 12:34
http not working
We had a switch go bad so we rerouted the cabling to a new switch. We now have one G5 which will not do http. ftp works, email works, file shares are ok, but neither safari nor firefox will load pages. I manually set the dns servers and I've tried DHCP with no luck. I can ping yahoo.com, and I can get the configura... 8 Jun 2010 11:26
Popup stopper for Firefox
Yahoo news embeds a large number of hot links in the body of news articles. When you accidentally roll over one, an annoying "search" pane opens up right on top of what you're trying to read, offering to tell you more about whatever. And worse, sometimes the pane gets stuck and won't go away. I don't think t... 8 Jun 2010 10:17