First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
stil off-topic, . . .
On 07-06-2010 06:18, krishnananda wrote: Follow-ups reset correctly Nice try (wish I'd thought of it), but it only works on replies, and who's going to reply. Oh, yeah, only me. :-) -- Wes Groleau "What progress we are making! In the Middle Ages, they would have burnt me; nowadays they are content wi... 6 Jul 2010 14:29
Wolfram Alpha and NKS?
Anyone who's heard of Wolfram Alpha or "NKS" (or Mathematica), but hasn't yet read this two-year-old ars technica blog about them <http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2009/03/stephen-wolfram-and-the-tec hno-dianetics-of-google-ology.ars> is likely to be either vastly entertained, or enraged, by it. "Techno... 5 Jul 2010 18:52
Calling Photoshop from iPhoto and Returning
iPhoto 8.1.2, Photoshop Elements 8.0. I just upgraded Photoshop Elements. With prior versions, if I called PE from iPhoto and edited, when I saved back to iPhoto the edited version was saved by iPhoto as a Modified image. With the new version of PE, the integration of the two apps is poor. iPhoto will c... 4 Jul 2010 14:27
Steve Jobs, the iPad, and cultural sugar water
In article <tom_stiller-2420F4.10511904072010(a)news.individual.net>, Tom Stiller <tom_stiller(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Consider the possibility that, cool as it may be, the iPad is not the right device for you and the way you work. It might be possible for Apple to modify the device and/or its soft/firmware to ... 13 Jul 2010 01:07
ok let's try it this way
Hi, Is anybody out there using Appleworks? If so you are are you creating drawings? If so, are any of them very large, say 5 or more pages in each direction? If so, did you at one time notice that when you hit one of the scroll arrows to go up, down, left, or right, the scrolling accelerates so fast you'... 4 Jul 2010 10:05
Entourage
I was going to post this in microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage, but it no longer exists, and my repeated attempts to register for the replacement "forum" didn't succeed (even after trying to register using different login names and eMail addresses). I have my Entourage Main Identity folder backed up to my hard... 6 Jul 2010 21:08
scrolling that doesn't accelerate
Hi, I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth scrolling. In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing). I seem to vaguely remember back when ... 3 Jul 2010 18:59
smooth scrolling?
Hi, I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth scrolling. In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing). I seem to vaguely remember back when ... 3 Jul 2010 15:41
App opening off screen
One of my apps has decided it wants to open off to the right of my screen how do I get it back on my screen so I can work with it? ... 4 Jul 2010 23:09
Clear Recent docs in Acrobat
How do you do this? Seems like it was set recent docs to zero but I can't find that pref. ... 2 Jul 2010 17:57