First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Making Adblock Plus behave
I installed ABP on Firefox a few weeks ago to deal with a Yahoo news problem, which it took care of. Now I have another: There's a web site I've been visiting every day for years. Now, every day I get a message telling me that "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading", and I have to click "all... 2 Jul 2010 02:36
Google News underlines
Today I see Google News is underlining their headlines. I have underlining turned off in both of my browsers (Safari, FF), so it looks like they're doing something to override my override. Anyone now what might be going on? ... 15 Jul 2010 22:00
Data Backup
Most backup software programs data offer some form of data . Filtering allows you to filter certain types of files for backup. For example, you can select to backup all of the images in your hard drive- giving you the freedom to refine your data backup in ways that best suit your needs. This tool is also availab... 1 Jul 2010 08:51
Data Backup
Most backup software programs data offer some form of data . Filtering allows you to filter certain types of files for backup. For example, you can select to backup all of the images in your hard drive- giving you the freedom to refine your data backup in ways that best suit your needs. This tool is also availab... 1 Jul 2010 08:51
Macbook Pro and Second Life
Hi. I have a friend who wants to buy a new Macbook Pro and she plans to use Second Life. However, she found a number of posts online, on both Apple's website and Second Life's website, saying that the Macbook Pro's graphics card doesn't work with Second Life. Most of the posts are dated 2008 or earlier so I don... 1 Jul 2010 11:05
Pages?
I don't have time yet to download the free trial of iWork 09, but would like a couple questions answered by someone who knows/uses it. The first one is, are you locked into their preformatted "templates"? I prefer to create my own, but past experience with fancy programs is that the more preformatted stuff i... 4 Jul 2010 13:21
Pithhelmet says it installed, but it didn't!
I am having this unusual experience with Pithhelmet. I got the latest version for my Imac (intel, 10.6). I went through the installation steps and the process ended with the installer announcing the sw was installed successfully. Except that it wasn't: there is no trace of PH anywhere. I tired several times, same r... 1 Jul 2010 18:56
Sea Monkey stopped opening message windows
Seamonkey today stopped allowing access to newsgroups' messages' contents. I can see the newsgroups' message titles, but I can't open the messages. When I click on a message title, a popup window pops up, saying, "News server password required." When I type a password, another message says, "A news NNTP err... 1 Jul 2010 00:11
Preview, iPhoto, and rotated images
My digital camera properly fills in the EXIF "Orientation" field -- "1" for "landscape" and "8" for "portrait". iPhoto 6 silently deals with a rotated image by making a copy and "correcting" the copy (and the only way you can find out about this is to look in iPhoto Library/Modified to see what it has put in t... 29 Jun 2010 15:10
Palm Desktop "Create Event" fails to notify
I enter a "create event" and it fails to remind me at the proper time. Also my Palm Desktop does not change the calendar daily. Using 4.2.1 ... 28 Jun 2010 22:45