First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Skype video freezes
OK - I am going to flack for this because I am asking about a Window machine, but I don't feel like hunting out the darkside newsgroups. So here goes. My girlfriend is in Chile and we video Skype a lot. I am living in a house that has rather reliable 1 Mbps DSL. She has been Skyping from a variety of places i... 21 May 2010 02:59
Another .plist question
I've restored all my dashboard widgets. What .plist file would I restore from Time Machine to show the ones that were active before the crash? ... 17 May 2010 15:46
Picture viewer for mac?
Anyone know of a picture viewer like Irfanview for the Mac? Failing that, is there anyway to create smart folders that automatically refresh the contents in iPhoto? Zar ... 27 May 2010 18:09
Unable to open sites
I have posted on this topic before, and in spite of much advice am still not able to open the following two sites using Safari and strangely enough, Opera. http://mapwow.com/ http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main The other strange behaviour of both browsers is that on certain sites that use pop-ups that contai... 18 May 2010 19:14
What Mac app is like Microsoft Publisher?
My daughter created an ad with bending, twisting and angled phrases. She says she used publisher to do it. I'm sure there has to be a way to do this on the Mac, but I have no idea what app to use or if it is even a standard part of the OS X package. The closest I could come was to actually cut phrases out of... 19 May 2010 02:50
Time Machine brain fart
Sometimes I wish I had an Office Max "Easy!" button, only re-recorded to say "That was stupid!" I'd probably smack it twice a week (not using it for minor errors). Today, I'd be smacking in on behalf of Apple. When sitecopy ignored its config file and trashed two files on my website AND in my local copy, I ... 15 May 2010 11:31
TimeMachineEditor -- A Great Little Applet
I'm one of those that would like to have explicit control as to when Time Machine backups occur, in my case every hour on the hour, and TimeMachineEditor allows me do exactly that. One can get the details of this fantastic (free) application and download at <http://timesoftware.free.fr/timemachineeditor/d> ... 25 May 2010 11:18
Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 & Snow Leopard
Hi. I posted a message yesterday about whether it was worth upgrading from PSE 6 to PSE 8. I ended up ordering PSE 8 from Amazon. However, I was just reading reviews on Amazon about PSE 8 and someone claimed it won't work with Snow Leopard. Is that true? Is there anyone who has successfully used PSE 8 on Sno... 15 May 2010 13:42
Using iDVD
John Wolf <jwolf6589(a)THUNDERBIRDgmail.com> wrote: I wish to made a DVD from my mini DV camcorder but do not want to burn the entire tape, just a certain section. How can this be done without the hassles of using iMovie? What is it about you always wanting to do things without going through the steps of d... 16 May 2010 19:02
Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 vs 6
Hi. Today Amazon is selling Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac for $54.99 with free shipping plus another $20 rebate for a total (after sending in the rebate form) of $34.99. I own Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. I don't use it a lot but I'm tempted to get the Amazon deal because of its low price. So, I'm wond... 14 May 2010 10:35