First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cambria Fonts in PDFs?
I've been sent a couple of one-page text-only PDF documents that display just fine on screen when opened in Adobe Acrobat, but print with many of the characters replaced by gibberish when printed from a MacBook running OS 10.4.11 and printing to an hp LaserJet 6MP. Tried selecting and unselecting the Use Loca... 29 Jun 2010 06:21
Install new system on remote Blue & White
A relative lives too far away for me to travel there. He has an old Blue & White running OS X 10.3.9. He badly needs to upgrade his OS so he can use more "modern" browsers. He is also rather low on the "tech skills" scale. I have a Family Pack for Tiger, and would gladly assign one of the licenses to him, bu... 28 Jun 2010 16:09
Key command to get the downloads window to show up.
Is there a key command to get the downloads window to show up in (at least) Tiger? -- dorayme ... 2 Jul 2010 14:37
FileMaker Pro Advanced Creating Starter Solutions?
How do you create your own starter solution in FileMaker Pro Advanced 11? I created some database templates and layouts that I want to use for different kinds of databases but want to look similar. I know you can customize an existing solution, but it might be easier to reuse my own creation rather than use the exi... 27 Jun 2010 20:30
Getting a database file from a finder window?
Suppose I have a Finder window that gives a listing of files in a folder. Is there a way for me to get that listing and pasting it into a spreadsheet such as Excel? I am using the latest version of Snowleopard. If I select all of the window, copy, and then paste into Excel, I merely get a list of the file name... 28 Jun 2010 12:49
Deleting Preview prefs?
Under Leopard (not Snow), where does the prefs file for Preview live? Thanks. ... 27 Jun 2010 04:10
iTunes script
Is there a script or other automatic command whereby I could have certain fields in the iTunes' MP3 tags transferred to the end of the lyrics page? (Without deleting the lyrics, of course.) -- john mcwilliams ... 26 Jun 2010 16:18
Trouble seeing directories after remote mount
Hi, I'm using Mac 10.6.3. I used sshfs to remotely mount a directory using the command mount_sshfs devread(a)app3:/opt/catalina/myproject-staging /opt/catalina/ myproject-staging/ Problem is, on my local machine, I can see the direct contents of the remote directory, /opt/catalina/myproject-staging, but when... 26 Jun 2010 13:00
Airport Express - Share Wireless Connection
Can the Airport Express share an already wireless connection? Not all hotels have ethernet ports. ... 3 Jul 2010 09:03
Thanks and another request
I posted a while back about problems with my aging mac, having a bad power supply. I was able to order a rplacement one, remove the bad one, and install the new one and now it works again. Thanks for the advice. Now a 2nd problem. When using an Appleworks document, usually a spreadsheet, becomes very slow, to th... 26 Jun 2010 13:00