First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Adobe taking over my OS and file metadata - system info
In article <8b3ioiFkj6U1(a)mid.individual.net>, Tim Lance <nope(a)nada.com> wrote: Mac OS X 10.6.4 Previously using CS3 with this OS was fine. And when you installed you answered "yes" to The Question? (paraphrasing: "Can we take over everything?") ... 26 Jul 2010 06:12
Another Fonts Q
Hi. I'm taking people's advice and I'm organizing my Fonts into collections using Font Book. However, when I use other applications, and choose Format-->Font-->Show Fonts menu there are a number of collections, including Favorites, that don't appear in Font Book. I'm just wondering why. I created a Favorites2 c... 25 Jul 2010 21:38
Wireless laser printer for Mac?
I'd appreciate product recommendations for a wireless, low-volume, B&W laser printer for a home office, to replace two ancient but apparently indestructible Apple LaserWriter II and hp LaserJet 6MP printers that I gather will become doorstops when I upgrade from Tiger to SL and from Cat-45 Direct Ethernet cabli... 10 Aug 2010 12:28
Adobe taking over my OS and file metadata
Tim Lance wrote: Any help? Thanks. It's a common nuisance that new programs tend to "grab" certain file types without asking, and there's little to prevent this. The only thing that you can do is to set it back manually. You could do it in the "get info" box using the "always open with..." button but I fo... 26 Jul 2010 18:16
Page in/out counts - Good? Bad? Ugly? Other?
Nothing critical, just curious - Got an AGP G4 running 10.4.11 with 960 megs of physical RAM. $ uptime 23:51 up 44 days, 18:02, 2 users, load averages: 0.76 0.77 0.51 A few seconds later, opening up Activity Monitor and kicking over to the System Memory pane shows 1027860 page ins, and 73376 page outs.... 25 Jul 2010 18:22
Font Q
Is there any program that allows you to view your fonts by type of font (i.e., serif and sans serif)? I�m trying to deactivate fonts that are very similar but I currently have about 400 and it's hard to compare them when i only see them by name. ... 25 Jul 2010 09:43
Mac - Windows filesharing search issue
My client, a lone Mac user in an otherwise all-PC law office, had for years been mounting a Windows shared volume on the server and searching it by date, from his 700 MHz eMac running Mac OS X 10.2.x through 10.4.11. Recently, the eMac died and was replaced with new mini running Snow Leopard at the same time as ... 26 Jul 2010 18:16
DU Can't Reinitialize/Reformat External Drive-Update &Question
David Empson wrote: You could try using the erase with zero data option in Disk Utility, but it might fail if it encounters a bad sector. To my best of knowledge, quite the opposite - if a bad sector gets detected while *writing* the block, the drive firmware will re-allocate it. Sadly, the firmware will... 26 Jul 2010 11:38
Q about minimized documents and Dock in Snow Leopard
Hi. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.4. In Leopard, when you minimized a window, it would appear on the right side of the Dock. I know that in Snow Leopard, the minimized window now is integrated into the application's icon on the Dock. However, I'm still confused about how to see that an application has minimi... 23 Jul 2010 23:28
Alternative to Quicktime Broadcaster
For the hell of it, I have trying out Quicktime Broadcaster in connection with my Sony digital camcorder (firewire) and a cheapo USB webcam using Justin.TV. And I must say that I am not impressed with QB. It keeps crashing and when it does work, half the time the picture doesn't get through. This is all on a 1.42 i... 23 Jul 2010 15:49