First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Mike rosenberg
dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote: I think he finally stopped watching guys like John Wolf, hung up his dancing shoes for a while and got a real job. Gotta dance! -- My latest dance routines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxGQmTvctc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTajUBrlA6c ... 13 Aug 2010 15:45
line wrapping in nano editor
Hello, I'm trying to use the nano editor on my new iMac with 10.6.4. I can't figure out how to get it to wrap long lines. I have tried what the man page says to do to set nano to wrap long lines and nothing seems to work; typing just contunies past the 80 columns of my Terminal window. I didn't have this pro... 13 Aug 2010 21:13
Which is the best port of Gnu Emacs to Mac OSX?
What is the best port of Gnu Emacs to Mac OSX? Ideally, I would like to have a setup in which I can select between these choices- (1) Old fashioned non GUI emacs in Terminal (2) GUI version from an icon in the dock Thanks. ... 11 Aug 2010 13:38
Where are my rm, pwd etc?!?!
I just bought a new iMac with 10.6. Installed developer tools, a few SW updates, etc. Today I opened Terminal and discovered that I don't have basic unix commands like rm and pwd (OTOH, ls works). I am using tcsh, having selected /bin/tcsh in account/user preferences. I am no Unix genius but this stuff has ... 9 Aug 2010 20:07
Parental controls driving me crazy!
Hello! I once hat parental control enabled for one user on my 10.5.8 system. I had nothing but problems with them: - Blocked https: access, thus no login on ebay, Twitter or my homebanking account. - Vanished Dashboard widgets, being "forbidden" when I try to activaten them again - Same for applications ... 8 Aug 2010 07:59
Follow up to resetting password w/o disc
I tried this one, You need to enter terminal and create a new admin account: 1. Reboot 2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime. (command + s on newer Macs) 3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line): mou... 8 Aug 2010 14:30
Airport not showing networks
On 2010-08-07 10:25:35 +0100, Cat said: When holding the option-key and clicking the Airport symbol in the menu bar I was able to see other networks in the neigborhood. Not anymore. What has changed? Logging on to my non-Apple router it shows four networks nearby. Strange. SK. I've never needed ... 8 Aug 2010 01:34
Preview scanning problems?
I am perplexed by using my Brother MFC-86450D multifunction scanner capability in Snow Leopard. In original Leopard, I used Brother�s ControlCenter2 for scanning. It was a bit awkward, but it worked well enough. With the arrival of Snow Leopard, it became possible and maybe mandatory to scan from the Print... 8 Aug 2010 13:24
Report on MacPro Bluetooth
Took my MacPro really appart tonight. The blue tooth antenna is a short plate which is inserted in a slot along the right "wall" of the PCI card cavity on the back of the computer. This wall is actually plastic. (it has slot numbers printed on it). In my case, due to location of machine and thickness of desk w... 7 Aug 2010 15:50
Setting cursive fonts on a Mac.
When a Mac user goes to a web page, if the author has called for a certain element to have the text inside displayed in a *particular* font (like Geneva), and the user has not ticked any override preferences, the font will display in Geneva if he has that font (likely on a Mac). If the author specifies only... 7 Aug 2010 01:49
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12