First  |  Prev |
Pages: 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
O.S.X. is dead
I installed O.S. X.46 onto two external La Cie drives a few months ago. I was able to start my desktop G4 several times using each drive, but now neither drive will start the computer after I choose the respective drives to be the start drives in my G4's O.S. 9.22 Startup control panel. When I try to start from... 25 Oct 2006 16:35
Help Quick! Parallells Desktop Installation Hanging
If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore it. Flames won't be read. The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says "Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed. Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive selected below, and t... 12 Oct 2006 10:16
mac test pro 7.8.1 / mac os rom 9.8.1
download any where? torrent? ... 1 Oct 2006 22:59
Recovered Files Curious About ?
Whenever I do a restart I find a number of Recovered Files in the Trash. In most cases these files are all html files. I disregard and empty trash. This time there were a number of text files of 0 KB size with names starting with "dftmp" and then a string of letters follow. Curious as to what and why? T... 1 Oct 2006 18:37
Restart on AC
Is there a way to shutdown a Mac when the power is still on in a way that it will automatically restart when the power comes back on after a power disconnect? Let me give more detail. Suppose that you have a Mac running as a server for some purposes. It is connected to a UPS. It has a UPS controller (in this ... 11 Sep 2006 02:07
Training SpamAssassin
I have downloaded a corpus of spam messages from the SpamAssassin archive. To which directory do I need to copy them in order to use them to train SpamAssassin. My instructions tell me to use the command: "sa-learn --showdots --spam mbox ./spam-corpus" But that command at present returns the error message ... 12 Aug 2006 14:34
kernel_task processes?
Could somebody indicate to me how I can have an idea of the processes running under the general name 'kernel_task'. Could also Powerbook users indicate to me how much of RAM is used by this process. On mine: 113 MB - 999 MB virtual ... 1 Feb 2006 19:17
Who is stealing my wi-fi?
I have a NetGear wireless router hooked up to my iMac and broadband cable modem. I never configured any software for this setup, literally I plugged it in and it worked. I noodled around with Airport setup and the various utilities in the Applications folder but none would let me setup this wi-fi signal with a pass... 5 Mar 2005 20:03
In desperate need of permissions help!
I seem to be having major permssion problems with OS X 10.1.5. First indication of problems in when I try to mount disk images. I always get the following error: "file name" failed to mount due to error 192. Unknown error: 192" Second indication of problems is in NetInfo. I'm able to Authenticate. But then whe... 14 Feb 2005 20:52
How to disassemble iMac 350?
Sander Tekelenburg wrote: In article <413bccc7$0$20246$cc9e4d1f(a)news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "Rv!" <not.a.valid(a)email.address.ok> wrote: If you use a munged email address, it's much more friendly to have it end in ".invalid", as per RFC 2606. Most decent newsreaders will recognize the address being i... 14 Feb 2005 20:51