First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Windows 7 and Unibody Macbook Pros
Hello, I have a UniBody Macbook Pro that currently runs 10.6.2 and Windows XP SP3. My question is four-fold: 1) I intend to purchase Windows 7 Professional through my University at a substantially reduced price. Can I install this using Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro? 2) The copies the University is offerin... 29 Nov 2009 14:36
Speaker sharing?
Is there any way for a Mac to route its audio through another Mac on the local network? I know this can be done with screen sharing, but I want something more permanent. Thanks, Frank ... 27 Nov 2009 12:11
Where can I get a power cord for a three year old black MacBook shipped to me fast?
nickravo(a)gmail.com <nickravo(a)gmail.com> wrote: Couldn't find anything on the Mac Store site. Emergency. Link? Here is a link to the 60W power adapter for the MacBook, if that's what you want. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA538LL/B -- David Empson dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz ... 27 Nov 2009 20:01
Mystery Mouse
In article 2009112515581375249-yexxxx(a)sbellnet, Gary at yexxxx(a)sbell.net wrote on 11/25/09 4:58 PM: I have a mighty mouse on 10,6.2 iMac 24. Recently and only recently, the cursor will disappear. The mouse is not disabled because if I move the mouse over the dock, for example, you can see it hitting each ... 25 Nov 2009 19:29
Where can I get a power cord for a three year old black MacBook shipped to me fast?
Couldn't find anything on the Mac Store site. Emergency. Link? ... 27 Nov 2009 00:08
Why do Apple Mail accounts go off-line spontaneously?
Often, I have a window pop up asking for my password for accounts that have gone off-line for no apparent reason. I just go to the Mailbox menu and put all accounts back on line without reentering a password. What causes the account to go off-line? It usually happens when I have used another application and go ... 28 Nov 2009 14:33
Successful Speech Recognition with loud outside noise
Okay people, this is the last time I will subject you to that complex medical speech recognition (SR) example I keep using lately, the one with nasty phrases like "perioperative transesophageal echocardiography" and names of Japanese surgeons like: "Fusahiko Itoh, MD, Takeshi Someya, MD". This post will add... 25 Nov 2009 00:31
Steve Jobs/Speech Recognition/Myself - - - good coalition
Okay, Steve Jobs and I are on the same page regarding this speech recognition (SR) issue. We both realize that SR is good for Apple, good for Mac users, good for business users of Macs, and _very_ _good_ for Windows users who want to get away from the confusing obfuscated virus-ridden Windows OS, and sw... 24 Nov 2009 01:15
Flash and Safari 4.0.4
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote: Ever since I installed the Safari 4.0.4 update, Snow Leopard freezes whenever there is flash content on a page. When I removed the flash plugin, there was no freeze, but of course I couldn't see the flash content and kept getting alerts to install flash. ... 16 Nov 2009 14:39
"Canceled opening the page" (Safari)
When I try to open a particular site, Safari starts by saying "Loading..." and then flips to "Canceled opening the page". The same page was opening just fine until recently, and still does in Firefox. I have no idea what is blocking it. I have PithHelmet and Little Snitch installed but couldn't find any rule ... 16 Nov 2009 09:01