First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
file: suggest_window.html (?)
10.4.11, Firefox. Can anyone tell me what the following file is/does? Even if I clear my History, every time I open the browser it shows up as the next item in History (after my homepage) without even having gone to it. Opening it gives a blank page. Thanks everyone. file:///Users/(name)/Library/Applicati... 15 Jan 2010 14:56
Canon IJ Network Scan Utility?
I purchased a Canon Pixma MX860 Multifunction Printer (big mistake!); installed it and its software on my MacBook running 10.4.11; and set it up to be connected wirelessly to our household LAN. It now works, prints OK, and other OS 10.4 and 10.5 laptops in the house all seem to see it with no further installs ... 16 Jan 2010 18:20
iMac 27" settings?
I reloaded an iMac 27" with 10.5 and that's working fine except for the brightness control. I partitioned the hard drive and loaded 10.6 in the second partition. My two questions are how to adjust the brightness in 10.5 and how to fix the freezing issues in 10.6. Any suggestions for these issues are appreciated. ... 21 Jan 2010 00:11
Font size Unison
How do I change font size in the message list ? I can change font size in the downloaded messages but not the list. Any ideas welcome. Unison 2.0.1 Have Mac OS 10.6.2... 13 Jan 2010 21:07
Mac OS X - Disappearing Menu
I have long wanted to have the menu at the top of the screen to appear and disappear when needed, much as one can set the dock to do. A recent comment here in these forums again reminded me of that want. Not quite the same, but somewhat close, is the effect of installing a little applet called Menu Ecllipse wh... 16 Jan 2010 19:26
Snow Leopard: access "hidden" files in file selection ?
In Finder, one can "Go -> Go To Folder" and specify any valid "unix" path name (for instance /etc/postfix) and you get a finder window with the contents of that file. But in file selection dialogues, I can't seem to be able to get to this. In my mind, this used to be possible. Anyone know if there is a trick... 20 Jan 2010 19:42
how do you specify the username and password in a url to mount a drive?
SpreadTooThin <bjobrien62(a)gmail.com> wrote: In the finder you select Finder, Go, Connect to Server. Then you enter in a url. eg: afp://192.168.1.1/PathName This pops up a login window. I need to specify the username and password in the url. Can that be done? Yes. afp://username(a)address/p... 13 Jan 2010 15:27
Protocol on pictures and attachments here; Preview bug?
I ran into some different behavior using Preview and Adobe Reader for the same pdf file. It would be easiest to explain if I could attach screen shots or Excel spreadsheets. I do not wish to abuse this newsgroup. What are the rules for such attachments? I preferred the American Heritage Talking Dictionary to t... 11 Jan 2010 14:14
Turning off auto adjust in sys pref>sound>input
Where I am living I must use Skype for all my calls. People on my domestic calls are having trouble hearing me. If I move the input volume slider all the way to the right, it will automatically adjust itself downward. This is apparently to avoid a redline sound distortion. Is there anyway to turn this auto adju... 12 Jan 2010 08:04
installing OS
Just replaced dead hard drive on iMac. Have original Mac OS x Install Discs (v 10.4.2). Do I insert disc before cutting on power or wait until after powered up? ... 10 Jan 2010 15:13