First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sidebar entries and login items don't use kerberos
I'm trying to run down a strange issue I'm having at one of my clients. It's a large shop with an Active Directory setup to which the Macs are connected and most everything is working properly. Users log on with their AD credentials and their home folders get mounted and they can access additional shared volumes... 3 Aug 2010 23:31
Numbers, way to transpose columns and rows?
I've got a table that is stuctured like: column1 column2 label 1 value 1 label 2 value 2 label 3 value 3 .. .. .. .. label n value m Where n is a finite value (say between 1 and 20, making 20 distict labels) with m an indeterminate, possibly infinite value, where no limit is imposed. I wa... 4 Aug 2010 09:13
Where to find AppleĊ½s list of securitypatches?
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:09:46 +0200 Steinar Moum wrote: Is Software Update broken on your system? This should list the unapplied patches on your system. If you want a list of what's fixed, try the Apple Support site for specific patch bundles. They should list what's in each. No, I want this ... 3 Aug 2010 18:03
Sourcing apple components
Hello, i run a small buisness where i referbish apple producs and i have the great problem of having more customers than parts and am hoping that someone out there may know where i can find bulk lots or individual apple computers. So far i have been buying from craigslist and local flea markets but my buisness is g... 12 Aug 2010 14:46
Pithhelmet says it installed, but it didn't!
Newbie <newbie(a)no.spam> wrote: I am having this unusual experience with Pithhelmet. I got the latest version for my Imac (intel, 10.6). I went through the installation steps and the process ended with the installer announcing the sw was installed successfully. Except that it wasn't: there is no trace of PH ... 5 Aug 2010 18:02
Wanna crash an iMac?
Mount this .dmg, then have a look at ActivityMonitor. See anything strange happening with MassStorageCamera? http://124.217.242.30/iMac_Sux.dmg ... 7 Aug 2010 11:28
acard aec-6290m not booting or showing
I have a G4 sawtooth 1.2 Ghz OWC mercury extreme cpu 1.75 GB memory maxtor 60 Gb with Itunes 10 GB original drive with OS 9 acard AEC 6290m with 400 GB western digital with OS 10.4.11 Radeon 9200 video When I went... 2 Aug 2010 20:15
Migration Assistant, or "Migrate by hand"?
I'm about to transfer most of my life from my trusty 2007 vintage MacBook, still running Tiger, to a new MacBook Pro 15" with Snow Leopard factory installed. Last time I moved between machines (OS 9 iBook to Tiger MacBook), I just hooked old machine up in Target Disk mode, told Migration Assistant to "Go!"... 4 Aug 2010 16:53
Status 10.6.4
I hear Mac OS 10.6.4 is installed on new Macs, but I don't see it in software update (I have 10.6.3). What's up? Jan E. ... 5 Aug 2010 02:40
Please Help: G5 Fan Runaway In Sleep Mode
G5 tower running OS X 10.5.8. A few times recently, the fan has run away while the computer is in sleep mode. When that happens it does not respond to the keyboard or mouse. The only thing I can do (apparently) is to kill the power and restart. As far as I can tell nothing is damaged when this happens (Disk... 5 Aug 2010 11:19