From: Rowland McDonnell on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-29, David Kennedy <davidkennedy(a)nospamherethankyou.invalid> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Do you have to encourage this prat? Rowland's bad enough at the best of
> times, he doesn't need this numpty winding him up even more.

1) You've got a killfile.

2) I'm winding him up, you numpty.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-29, Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-07-29, David Kennedy <davidkennedy(a)nospamherethankyou.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Do you have to encourage this prat? Rowland's bad enough at the best of
>> times, he doesn't need this numpty winding him up even more.
>
> 1) You've got a killfile.

So have you.

> 2) I'm winding him up, you numpty.

Or 'trolling' as it's otherwise called.

Aren't you the one who keeps posting words to the effect that "this is a
technical newsgroup" etc etc? So either live by that, stop posting that,
or be labelled a hypocrite.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
> > Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
> >
> >> David Kennedy <davidkennedy(a)nospamherethankyou.invalid> wrote:
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> Do you have to encourage this prat? Rowland's bad enough at the best of
> >> times, he doesn't need this numpty winding him up even more.
> >
> > 1) You've got a killfile.
>
> So have you.

1) I'm not whinging.

2) I'm using it.

> > 2) I'm winding him up, you numpty.
>
> Or 'trolling' as it's otherwise called.

Not /quite/ ... It's more an experiment in social anthropology. I
still can't quite believe the creature - I mean, is it even a real
person, or the result of some morally dubious experiment in artificial
intelligence, or what?

> Aren't you the one who keeps posting words to the effect that "this is a
> technical newsgroup" etc etc? So either live by that, stop posting that,
> or be labelled a hypocrite.

Aren't you the one who keeps complaining about certain individuals not
keeping polite?

So either live by that, make your points and place your requests
politely, or be labelled a hypocrite.

Rowland.

From: Jim on
On 2010-07-29, Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

>> > 2) I'm winding him up, you numpty.
>>
>> Or 'trolling' as it's otherwise called.
>
> Not /quite/ ... It's more an experiment in social anthropology.

Well take it somewhere more appropriate, please. Email would be my
suggestion.

Jim

From: Mark Conrad on
In article <slrni535tb.f05.jim(a)wotan.magrathea.local>, Jim
<jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> Well take it somewhere more appropriate, please.
> Email would be my suggestion.

You tell him, Charlie Brown.

Now, do you really think _your_ pet looney will take
your advice ?

In my opinion, not a chance in Hades that something
that logical would would appeal to him.

Mark-