From: James Dore on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:41:54 +0100, David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>
wrote:

> James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
>> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?
>
> Well, the store is down, so probably not long before it is either
> confirmed or denied as an option/feature with the rumoured new iMac.
>
> The rumours on the Magic Trackpad seem pretty solid, down to photos,
> part numbers, FCC leaks, etc. Only question is when.

THEY'RE IN!! THEY'RE IN!! Sweet hot Jesus on a rubber potato, there they
are. Chaching!

Cheers,
James
From: David Empson on
David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
> > desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?
>
> Well, the store is down, so probably not long before it is either
> confirmed or denied as an option/feature with the rumoured new iMac.
>
> The rumours on the Magic Trackpad seem pretty solid, down to photos,
> part numbers, FCC leaks, etc. Only question is when.
>
> Apple has not made a mouse I can bear to use since about 1997 (and even
> then I had a Kensington multi-button mouse in preference to an Apple
> single button mouse), so I'd be keen to try a trackpad instead (I'm on
> my fourth Apple laptop and love the multi-touch trackpad on the current
> MacBook Pro).
>
> My desktop Macs use Logitech mice. I own one Apple Pro mouse (2002ish,
> black/clear) which only gets connected in an emergency, and disrepected
> while I suffer through its misbehaviour issues.

Store is up again. Magic Trackpad confirmed. Wireless, costs the same as
the wireless keyboard, same functionality as the MacBook Pro trackpad.

I want at least one.

Apple is also selling their own battery charger now. (Not in stock yet,
judging by 3-4 week order time.)

Oh, and a new iMac, which has the Magic Trackpad as an option.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: SM on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-27, SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:
> > James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
> >> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?
> >
> > The magic trackpad is there but I can't see anything else new.
>
> Apart from the new iMacs and the new Mac Pros?

I can't see an update of the Mac Pro - am I being dense?

Stuart
--
cut that out to reply
From: Woody on
David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
> David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
>>> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?
>>
>> Well, the store is down, so probably not long before it is either
>> confirmed or denied as an option/feature with the rumoured new iMac.
>>
>> The rumours on the Magic Trackpad seem pretty solid, down to photos,
>> part numbers, FCC leaks, etc. Only question is when.
>>
>> Apple has not made a mouse I can bear to use since about 1997 (and
> > even
>> then I had a Kensington multi-button mouse in preference to an Apple
>> single button mouse), so I'd be keen to try a trackpad instead (I'm
> > on
>> my fourth Apple laptop and love the multi-touch trackpad on the
> > current
>> MacBook Pro).
>>
>> My desktop Macs use Logitech mice. I own one Apple Pro mouse
> > (2002ish,
>> black/clear) which only gets connected in an emergency, and
> > disrepected
>> while I suffer through its misbehaviour issues.
>
> Store is up again. Magic Trackpad confirmed. Wireless, costs the same
> as
> the wireless keyboard, same functionality as the MacBook Pro trackpad.
>
> I want at least one.

Oh why did they have to make it wireless! That would be so perfect with
a wire!

> Apple is also selling their own battery charger now. (Not in stock
> yet,
> judging by 3-4 week order time.)

I have got an apple battery charger. It is about 15 years old now, still
works fine

--
Woody
From: James Dore on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:14:23 +0100, SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

>> > The magic trackpad is there but I can't see anything else new.
>>
>> Apart from the new iMacs and the new Mac Pros?
>
> I can't see an update of the Mac Pro - am I being dense?
>
> Stuart

I couldn't immediately see it looking at the store, but there are new
processor options based around the 3600/5600 series Xeons, rather than the
5500 series previously. 4, 6, 8 or 12 cores for your processing pleasure.

No, the store - at least the UK Education web store - hasn't been updated
with the new Mac Pro hardware yet. You'll just have to go along to
http://www.apple.com/uk/macpro/specs.html and drool.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Apple store down