From: Flavio Matani on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
>
> > (I'm on
> > my fourth Apple laptop and love the multi-touch trackpad on the current
> > MacBook Pro).
>
> Yes, they are pretty good- although on Anne's MBP I/she use a Logitech
> mouse. Odd how Apple make lovely trackpads, but useless mice. And in
> that I'm including the Magic Mouse whoch came with my iMac.
>
> > My desktop Macs use Logitech mice.
>
> Yup. That's (an MX500, with a tail) what I'm using with the iMac,
> instead of the Magic Mouse. It's night and day.
>
> I don't know why, but Logitech seem to be very good at mice while Apple
> are somehow *bad* at them. Nothing to do with looks, all to do with
> function.
>
> But now, we'll have to see if the new trackpad is as good as it ought to
> be.

Horses for courses. I love (well, 'love' might be a bit OTT...) my Magic
Mouse and have never found a Logitech mouse that I liked...

Vive la difference, I s'pose....

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
From: Stimpy on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:15:08 +0100, Woody wrote
> David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
>> David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

>>> Well, the store is down, so probably not long before it is either
>>> confirmed or denied as an option/feature with the rumoured new iMac.
>>>
>>> The rumours on the Magic Trackpad seem pretty solid, down to photos,
>>> part numbers, FCC leaks, etc. Only question is when.
>>>
>>> Apple has not made a mouse I can bear to use since about 1997 (and
>>> even
>>> then I had a Kensington multi-button mouse in preference to an Apple
>>> single button mouse), so I'd be keen to try a trackpad instead (I'm
>>> on
>>> my fourth Apple laptop and love the multi-touch trackpad on the
>>> current
>>> MacBook Pro).
>>>
>>> My desktop Macs use Logitech mice. I own one Apple Pro mouse
>>> (2002ish,
>>> black/clear) which only gets connected in an emergency, and
>>> disrepected
>>> while I suffer through its misbehaviour issues.
>>
>> Store is up again. Magic Trackpad confirmed. Wireless, costs the same
>> as
>> the wireless keyboard, same functionality as the MacBook Pro trackpad.
>>
>> I want at least one.
>

> Oh why did they have to make it wireless! That would be so perfect with
> a wire!

Agreed. I don't want to faff around with wireless, batteries, chargers etc
when it's going to spend it's life less than a metre from my Mac Mini

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Apple store down
Next: Magic Trackpad released