From: James Dore on
Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?

Cheers,
James

From: David Empson on
James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?

Well, the store is down, so probably not long before it is either
confirmed or denied as an option/feature with the rumoured new iMac.

The rumours on the Magic Trackpad seem pretty solid, down to photos,
part numbers, FCC leaks, etc. Only question is when.

Apple has not made a mouse I can bear to use since about 1997 (and even
then I had a Kensington multi-button mouse in preference to an Apple
single button mouse), so I'd be keen to try a trackpad instead (I'm on
my fourth Apple laptop and love the multi-touch trackpad on the current
MacBook Pro).

My desktop Macs use Logitech mice. I own one Apple Pro mouse (2002ish,
black/clear) which only gets connected in an emergency, and disrepected
while I suffer through its misbehaviour issues.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: SM on
James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?

The magic trackpad is there but I can't see anything else new.

Stuart
--
cut that out to reply
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-27, SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:
> James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
>> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?
>
> The magic trackpad is there but I can't see anything else new.

Apart from the new iMacs and the new Mac Pros?

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: James Dore on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:41:54 +0100, David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>
wrote:

> James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Did I see, or was it rumour site speculation, that there might be a
>> desktop touchpad in the offing? Any news?
>
> Well, the store is down, so probably not long before it is either
> confirmed or denied as an option/feature with the rumoured new iMac.
>
> The rumours on the Magic Trackpad seem pretty solid, down to photos,
> part numbers, FCC leaks, etc. Only question is when.

Ah, that's promising. I will order several if so!

> Apple has not made a mouse I can bear to use since about 1997 (and even
> then I had a Kensington multi-button mouse in preference to an Apple
> single button mouse), so I'd be keen to try a trackpad instead (I'm on
> my fourth Apple laptop and love the multi-touch trackpad on the current
> MacBook Pro).

True dat!

> My desktop Macs use Logitech mice. I own one Apple Pro mouse (2002ish,
> black/clear) which only gets connected in an emergency, and disrepected
> while I suffer through its misbehaviour issues.

I have been a Logitech Trackman Wheel user for about fifteen years.
Nothing else is suitable for me, with the exception of the touchpad on the
new MacBook Pro.

Cheers,
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5