From: Pete Stavrakoglou on
"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
> "Pete Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> It seems to me that one of the biggest hurdles any modern-day
>>> President has is to effectively work with Congress by retaining the
>>> support of his/her own party members and securing at least some
>>> support of the opposing party's members.
>>>
>>> Obama has not been particularly effective in this, but Palin would not
>>> be at all effective in this. IMO.
>>> --
>>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>>
>> It's the policy differences that matter more to me. The differences
>> between Palin and Obama are like night and day.
>>

> Palin has no well thought out policy. If I am wrong, please tell me what
> it is.
> BTW I was in Alaska last Summer, passed through Wasilla and could not see
> Russia.
>
> --
> Peter

Maybe you can from one of the other 57 states Obama visited.

From: Pete Stavrakoglou on
> "Pete Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>

>> You are describing the president. He has a flair for speaking as long as
>> it is orchestrated but there was zero substance to him, absolutely zero.
>> But he was elected anyway. As the polls indicate, the wool has been
>> removed from some of the voters eyes and Jimmy Carter II has been
>> exposed.
>>

> You very well know who I was describing and that it was not the President.
> Pre-election over, you were saying the same thing. You won't even give his
> ideas a reasonable chance. Your chief complaint about him is that he is
> not a conservative who doesn't give a hoot for people. I strongly suspect
> that you and I have the same social goals. We just differ on how to
> achieve them. I am convinced that we need some intelligent government
> intervention to keep good people honest and to dilute the greed that
> pervades some people, just as we need laws against clearly criminal
> behavior.
>

> --
> Peter

My chief complaint? Where do I start? It's his policies. As much debt as
the previous administration incurred, it's nothing compared to this one.
Government control of health care, despite what proponents claim the
majority of Americans want nothing to do with it but damn it, he's going to
give it to us anyway. Please, I never stated that my complaint about him
was what you said. My complaints about him are substantive and have
everything to do with his policies and the direction he is taking our
country in.

Our federal government has gone far beyond the scope the fgounding fathers
envisioned. They are engaging in unconstitutional acts. Government
ownership of GM and Chrysler. Health care. It's unconstitutional.

From: Bill Graham on

> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> "Pete Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>>

>>> You are describing the president. He has a flair for speaking as long
>>> as it is orchestrated but there was zero substance to him, absolutely
>>> zero. But he was elected anyway. As the polls indicate, the wool has
>>> been removed from some of the voters eyes and Jimmy Carter II has been
>>> exposed.
>>>

>> You very well know who I was describing and that it was not the
>> President. Pre-election over, you were saying the same thing. You won't
>> even give his ideas a reasonable chance. Your chief complaint about him
>> is that he is not a conservative who doesn't give a hoot for people. I
>> strongly suspect that you and I have the same social goals. We just
>> differ on how to achieve them. I am convinced that we need some
>> intelligent government intervention to keep good people honest and to
>> dilute the greed that pervades some people, just as we need laws against
>> clearly criminal behavior.
>>

>> --
>> Peter
>
> My chief complaint? Where do I start? It's his policies. As much debt
> as the previous administration incurred, it's nothing compared to this
> one. Government control of health care, despite what proponents claim the
> majority of Americans want nothing to do with it but damn it, he's going
> to give it to us anyway. Please, I never stated that my complaint about
> him was what you said. My complaints about him are substantive and have
> everything to do with his policies and the direction he is taking our
> country in.
>
> Our federal government has gone far beyond the scope the fgounding fathers
> envisioned. They are engaging in unconstitutional acts. Government
> ownership of GM and Chrysler. Health care. It's unconstitutional.

This government doesn't understand what the US Constitution is all about.
they think we live in, "A Democracy where the majority rules." They don't
understand that a pure democracy doesn't work. We live in a constitutional
republic where the rule of the majority is subject to the constraints of the
document called the Constitution. This is what protects the minority from
the tyranny of the majority. It is what protects you from the people making
a law that takes all your money away from you (for example) and distributing
it amongst themselves. And there are many other things that the constitution
protects you from, too. People don't seem to understand that anymore. I
doubt if the constitution is taught even in law school anymore. I learned
about it way back in grammar school in the 40's. Today I hear people say
that it is an "Obsolete document" that is no longer relevant. They think
that all it does is outline our three branches of government and dictate how
we should elect our leaders. This is not what the constitution is all about.
It is the document that gave that guy in California back in the 60's his
right to start a cable TV business when the people of the state on
California made a law that prevented him from going into that business.
Unfortunately, they learned nothing. Which is why you can't operate a,
"Smoking bar" in Palo Alto, California right now. The Constitution should
protect that right too, but because nobody understands it, it isn't doing
its job anymore. You can't bring every stupid case to the Supreme Court. The
average Joe just doesn't have that kind of money. You have to depend on the
average lawyer/judge to understand the document, and if they don't, then it
will not be able to do its job, and that is the situation we are fast
approaching. Hell, we are probably already there......

From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:39:37 -0800, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

> [...]
>we should elect our leaders. This is not what the constitution is all about.
>It is the document that gave that guy in California back in the 60's his
>right to start a cable TV business when the people of the state on
>California made a law that prevented him from going into that business.
>Unfortunately, they learned nothing. Which is why you can't operate a,
>"Smoking bar" in Palo Alto, California right now. The Constitution should
>protect that right too, but because nobody understands it, it isn't doing
>its job anymore. You can't bring every stupid case to the Supreme Court. The
>average Joe just doesn't have that kind of money. You have to depend on the
>average lawyer/judge to understand the document, and if they don't, then it
>will not be able to do its job, and that is the situation we are fast
>approaching. Hell, we are probably already there......

After reading Bill's posts, one has to wonder how he remained employed
all those years. How could an employer deal with an employee with so
little ability to think and tears off on these wild rants all the
time?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Ray Fischer on
Pete Stavrakoglou <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:
>My chief complaint? Where do I start? It's his policies. As much debt as
>the previous administration incurred, it's nothing compared to this one.

That's lie #1: Bush created far more debt and most of the current
defcit is BECAUSE of Bush.

>Government control of health care, despite what proponents claim the
>majority of Americans want nothing to do with it

That's lie #2: In several surveys people have stated that a public
option is just what people want. It's only because of a
disinformation campaign funded by insurance companies that some stupid
people have been suckered.

> Please, I never stated that my complaint about him
>was what you said. My complaints about him are substantive

Your complaints are based upon political bigotry and lies.

>Our federal government has gone far beyond the scope the fgounding fathers
>envisioned.

Says who?

> They are engaging in unconstitutional acts.

Says who? Some dishonest extremist?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Prev: Problem solved:
Next: ARGUS - DARPA's All-Seeing Eye