From: George Kerby on

On 2/13/10 6:24 PM, in article
2010021316244816807-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom, "C J Campbell"
<christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010-02-13 11:46:54 -0800, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) said:
>
>> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>>> Your comments make it obvious that you know absolutely nothing about
>>> business. A good CEO holds the interests the company first.
>>
>> LOL! Is that what they tell you?
>>
>>> In a public
>>> company, he is accountable to the board, who represents the interests of the
>>> owners.
>>
>> ROFL! The board represent the shareholders?!? And you really believe that?
>>
>> When was the last time a board member got fired by the shareholders?
>> When was the last time shareholders picked a board member? Or CEO?
>
> What are you talking about? Happens all the time. Or do you read the
> financial pages?
>

>>> To maintain and grow a healthy company. A good manager recognizes
>>> that the workers are the lifeblood of the company.
>>
>> If any of your beliefs were true then we wouldn't see corporations
>> spending so much to hire and train workers only to fire them a few
>> years later and then repeat the process again.
>>
>> Sure, there are some good CEOs, but there aren't many.
>
> Sez you. If you would be so much better, why ain't you rich?

Because FishHead is a 'whiner', not a 'winner'.

Typical 'Progressive' behavior. Typical on the "No-Cal" state of mind...

From: George Kerby on

On 2/13/10 6:58 PM, in article
4b774ccb$1$18835$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

> "Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>> "Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message

>>> How about some examples: You are making accusations of clear violations of
>>> rhe SEC Regulations.
>>
>> What regulations? What violation? It's no violation to lay off
>> hundreds of people. It's no violation to get $20,000,000/year.

>>> They? Suggest you get over your bitter pill and learn something about the
>>> reality of business before you open your mouth.
>>
>> Says the rightard who cannot actually refute what I write.

>>> And just how do you think a director becomes a director.
>>
>> By being selected by the board.
>>
>>> He/she is elected
>>> by vot of the shareholders.
>>
>> You may be that stupid, or not, but don't assume that I am that
>> stupid. We both know that the vast majority of such elections
>> are decided when the board recommends someone for the position.

>>> Read this and learn.
>>> http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/04/082704.asp
>>
>> You must be pretty stupid. You didn't even notice that that doesn't
>> answer either of my questions.

>>> My statements are based upon personal observation and experience.
>>
>> You statements are based on naive worship of corporations.

>>> More than you would admit.
>>
>> Less than you would admit.
>>
>>> Wow! You certainly are a fountain of
>>> misinformation.
>>
>> I'm not a part of your cult of stupidity. When the incomes of CEOs
>> explode and the incomes of workers actually fall then it's clear who
>> is scamming whom.
>>

> You show the shallowness of your position by resorting to personal attacks.
> It is clear that you have no business experience.
>
> Bye

FishHead-Rot tends to have that effect on most rational people after a few
exchanges.

Welcome to the legion!

From: Ray Fischer on
Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message

>>>How about some examples: You are making accusations of clear violations of
>>>rhe SEC Regulations.
>>
>> What regulations? What violation? It's no violation to lay off
>> hundreds of people. It's no violation to get $20,000,000/year.

>>>They? Suggest you get over your bitter pill and learn something about the
>>>reality of business before you open your mouth.
>>
>> Says the rightard who cannot actually refute what I write.

>>>And just how do you think a director becomes a director.
>>
>> By being selected by the board.
>>
>>> He/she is elected
>>>by vot of the shareholders.
>>
>> You may be that stupid, or not, but don't assume that I am that
>> stupid. We both know that the vast majority of such elections
>> are decided when the board recommends someone for the position.

>>>Read this and learn.
>>>http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/04/082704.asp
>>
>> You must be pretty stupid. You didn't even notice that that doesn't
>> answer either of my questions.

>>>My statements are based upon personal observation and experience.
>>
>> You statements are based on naive worship of corporations.

>>>More than you would admit.
>>
>> Less than you would admit.
>>
>>> Wow! You certainly are a fountain of
>>>misinformation.
>>
>> I'm not a part of your cult of stupidity. When the incomes of CEOs
>> explode and the incomes of workers actually fall then it's clear who
>> is scamming whom.
>
>You show the shallowness of your position by resorting to personal attacks.

You show your dishonesty and cowardice by running away from all of my
rebuttals above.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
C J Campbell <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2010-02-13 11:46:54 -0800, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) said:
>
>> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>>> Your comments make it obvious that you know absolutely nothing about
>>> business. A good CEO holds the interests the company first.
>>
>> LOL! Is that what they tell you?
>>
>>> In a public
>>> company, he is accountable to the board, who represents the interests of the
>>> owners.
>>
>> ROFL! The board represent the shareholders?!? And you really believe that?
>>
>> When was the last time a board member got fired by the shareholders?
>> When was the last time shareholders picked a board member? Or CEO?
>
>What are you talking about? Happens all the time. Or do you read the
>financial pages?

Then you should be able to provide plenty of examples....

>>> To maintain and grow a healthy company. A good manager recognizes
>>> that the workers are the lifeblood of the company.
>>
>> If any of your beliefs were true then we wouldn't see corporations
>> spending so much to hire and train workers only to fire them a few
>> years later and then repeat the process again.
>>
>> Sure, there are some good CEOs, but there aren't many.
>
>Sez you.

Over the past three decades executive income has exploded. The income
of workers? Nearly stagnant and, in the past decade, the average has
actually gone down.

But you're a gullible idiot. You say "thank you" when you're getting
screwed.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:12:34 -0800, C J Campbell
<christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Why do I get the feeling you do not know the difference between a
>progressive and a regressive tax? These are distinct economic terms
>that have nothing to do with whether a tax is "good" or "bad;" they
>just describe the manner of taxation. "Progressive" taxes collect a
>higher percentage of income as income goes up. "Regressive" taxes
>collect a higher percentage of income as income goes down. "Neutral"
>taxes collect the same percentage of income from everybody.

That last sentence doesn't describe a "neutral tax". It's called a
"flat tax". (A neutral tax is a tax that doesn't affect decisions in
expenditures) Flat taxes are regressive unless thresholds or
exemptions are manipulated like the proposals for the "FairTax" claim
to do.

There are only two brackets: regressive or progressive. There's
nothing in between because, like a perpetual motion machine, no one
has discovered a taxation system that isn't either regressive or
progressive.

>From what I can see here, most of the people arguing about this subject
>have probably never taken a basic course in economics

I have. And more.

>in their entire
>lives. Either that, or they forgot everything they ever learned.

I sometimes forget where I put my keys, or why I came into the room,
but not everything they pushed at me in those oh-so-dry economic
lectures in undergrad and grad school.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida