From: R. C. White on
Hi, Nobody (and David).

Just a minor clarification for your Reply: That quote did not come from me
(although I don't disagree with it), but from Andrew, who deleted all the
body of my text when he "quoted" my message.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: Andrew on
R. C. White wrote:
> Hi, Andrew.
>
> You "quoted" me - but you deleted ALL of my comments and inserted
> your own, so it appears that YOUR comments are MINE! :>(
>
> Please be careful not to put your words into my mouth.
>
> RC
>
> "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> wrote in message
>> R. C. White wrote:
>>
>> Also perhaps a reflection of the fact that Q is a mature product;
>> most of the bugs and problems and how-tos that early adopters needed
>> assistance on are done because of lack of new folks using the
>> product and/or lack of new function that requires explanation (for
>> the most part). We had quite an influx of posts about Microshaft Money
>> conversion
>> when that was made public, but that's settled down too.
>>
>> And as someone else posted, tax season is over, so no more Turbotax
>> discussions for the most part until November or December. (Assuming
>> we don't go to a flat tax, usage tax, or VAT tax for the next tax
>> season which makes a tax program unnecessary. Nah - so simple, so
>> fair, would never fly. Too many people's oxes and special interests
>> would get gored.) --
>> Regards -
>>
>> - Andrew

Sorry RC - that certainly wasn't my intent. I left the ONE bracket so that
those savvy would have (I had hoped, obviously incorrectly) that nothing
else was from you. My apologies. What can I say?

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Nobody on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 00:24:14 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "Nobody" <jock(a)soccer.com>
>
>| On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:07:20 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> wrote:
>
>>>R. C. White wrote:
>
>>>Also perhaps a reflection of the fact that Q is a mature product; most of
>>>the bugs and problems and how-tos that early adopters needed assistance on
>>>are done because of lack of new folks using the product and/or lack of new
>>>function that requires explanation (for the most part).
>
>>>We had quite an influx of posts about Microshaft Money conversion when that
>>>was made public, but that's settled down too.
>
>>>And as someone else posted, tax season is over, so no more Turbotax
>>>discussions for the most part until November or December. (Assuming we
>>>don't go to a flat tax, usage tax, or VAT tax for the next tax season which
>>>makes a tax program unnecessary. Nah - so simple, so fair, would never fly.
>>>Too many people's oxes and special interests would get gored.)
>
>| Yawn.
>
>| No, there will always be queries about software.
>
>| The answer to this query is simply that "Usenet" use/access is dying.
>
>More like being killed off by; Google, trolls, spam and Andrew Cuomo.

Weeeell, as much as I might like to disparage Google, it is sort of
keeping the system "alive" even if access isn't by NNTP.

If it weren't for Google's routing through the WWW, news groups that
are withering anyway, would've been stone dead.

(Totally off topic, but as ISP's in the likes of Aussie and NZ stopped
supporting Usenet access, groups with interests aimed specifically at
those two countries simply folded.

Non-techies had no idea where to go, as their ISP's didn't point them
to servers such as Giganews and others.)
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Nobody" <jock(a)soccer.com>

| On Sat, 22 May 2010 00:24:14 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>From: "Nobody" <jock(a)soccer.com>

>>| Yawn.

>>| No, there will always be queries about software.

>>| The answer to this query is simply that "Usenet" use/access is dying.

>>More like being killed off by; Google, trolls, spam and Andrew Cuomo.

| Weeeell, as much as I might like to disparage Google, it is sort of
| keeping the system "alive" even if access isn't by NNTP.

| If it weren't for Google's routing through the WWW, news groups that
| are withering anyway, would've been stone dead.

| (Totally off topic, but as ISP's in the likes of Aussie and NZ stopped
| supporting Usenet access, groups with interests aimed specifically at
| those two countries simply folded.

| Non-techies had no idea where to go, as their ISP's didn't point them
| to servers such as Giganews and others.)

Google is destroying Usenet by their allowing spam and profiting from it.

--
Dave

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Andrew.

"No harm, no foul", as they say.

I just didn't want other readers to mistake the source of the comments.

RC