From: Garrett Smith on
Garrett Smith wrote:
> Asen Bozhilov wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Launching theBESENIDE...
>>>
>>> alert(typeof Object); // undefined

[...]

> How much have you played with it? Have any formal tests been run on it?

I have added BESEN to the list. I have still not used it that much. It
appears to be actively maintained and I can confirm that the bug I
initially found is fixed.

The two lists proposal:

| Standalone ECMAScript Implementations
|
| Rhino: An open-source implementation of JavaScript written in Java.
| http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/
| Besen IDE: ECMAScript Edition 5 with IDE.
| http://besen.sourceforge.net/
| DMD Script: Console and MS Active Script implementation of ECMAScript.
| http://www.digitalmars.com/dscript/
| V8: Google's open source JavaScript engine.
| http://code.google.com/p/v8/
| SpiderMonkey: Mozilla's C implementation of JavaScript.
| http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/
|

| Other ECMAScript Implementations
|
| Developing Dashboard Widgets on Apple Developer Connection.
| http://developer.apple.com/macosx/dashboard.html
| Win32 Scripting, Using Scripting to Automate Windows.
| http://cwashington.netreach.net/
| Whitebeam Apache Module: Server Side JavaScript in Apache
| http://www.whitebeam.org/

I have no experience with server side javascript, such as Whitebeam
(listed). Node.js and Jaxer have interest these days. I have not used or
looked into either of those, so I cannot recommend either.

If someone feels that the list should contain an item that is not
listed, and has experience using it. Otherwise, I will update the FAQ
with the above list.
--
Garrett
From: Joe Nine on
Garrett Smith wrote:
> | Win32 Scripting, Using Scripting to Automate Windows.
> | http://cwashington.netreach.net/
>
> If someone feels that the list should contain an item that is not
> listed, and has experience using it. Otherwise, I will update the FAQ
> with the above list.

That cwashington site is closing down. I just got this message:

After 13 years of serving the scripting community with a completely FREE
site (no fees, donations, or ads) Win32Scripting is closing its doors.
From: Garrett Smith on
Joe Nine wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> | Win32 Scripting, Using Scripting to Automate Windows.
>> | http://cwashington.netreach.net/
>>
>> If someone feels that the list should contain an item that is not
>> listed, and has experience using it. Otherwise, I will update the FAQ
>> with the above list.
>
> That cwashington site is closing down. I just got this message:
>
> After 13 years of serving the scripting community with a completely FREE
> site (no fees, donations, or ads) Win32Scripting is closing its doors.

OK, removed that. I feel like I was going to do this before. I remember
seeing that page.

--
Garrett