From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-27 18:38:47 -0700, rwalker <rwalker(a)despammed.com> said:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 00:43:48 +0100, Robert Spanjaard
> <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
>> this. :-)
>>
>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg
>

> Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
> upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet
(plenty of deer & bear there).

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: rwalker on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:47:10 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>> Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
>> upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.
>
>Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
>Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
>Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet
>(plenty of deer & bear there).
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Savageduck

Seneca Falls, about halfway between Syracuse and Rochester, right at
the northern end of Cayuga Lake.
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-27 20:07:48 -0700, rwalker <rwalker(a)despammed.com> said:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:47:10 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>> Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
>>> upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.
>>
>> Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
>> Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
>> Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet
>> (plenty of deer & bear there).
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck
>
> Seneca Falls, about halfway between Syracuse and Rochester, right at
> the northern end of Cayuga Lake.

Yup.
I know exactly where Seneca Falls is.
I was in Syracuse in '71&'72 on E. Genesee at the bottom of the hill
from the University. I know that whole area quite well, having stomped
over to Watkins Glen, Ithaca, Up to the Thousand Islands area,
Alexander Bay, and East to Lake George, Corinth, Lake Lucerne, etc.
Those were somewhat headier times for a 20 something.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Richard on

> On 2010-03-27 18:38:47 -0700, rwalker <rwalker(a)despammed.com> said:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 00:43:48 +0100, Robert Spanjaard
>> <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
>>> this. :-)
>>>
>>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg
>>

>> Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
>> upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.
>
> Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
> Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
> Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet

> (plenty of deer & bear there).
Perfect for drunken thrillseeking dyslexics... ;)

From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:38:47 -0400, rwalker wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 00:43:48 +0100, Robert Spanjaard
> <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote:
>
>>I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
>>this. :-)
>>
>>http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg
>

> Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
> upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

National Park Hoge Veluwe, Netherlands.
http://maps.google.com/?ll=52.087734,5.83065&spn=0.082484,0.222988&t=h&z=13

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com