From: David Ruether on

"David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote in message

[...an update...]
> --Cascadilla Glen (the trail is being reconstructed now, so it is closed)
> has many nice falls in it (it goes from the intersection of University, Linn,
> and Court Streets by the white church in downtown Ithaca up to College
> Town by the Cornell Performing Arts Center and the Cornell campus
> (a beautiful place to wander around, with a fine museum at the edge of
> campus by the Fall Creek Gorge on the other side of the campus). The
> interiors of Sage Chapel, the large atrium of the Sage business school,
> the A. D. White library in the library that has the bell tower attached,
> the library in the law school, and the dining hall in Risley dorm are
> interesting, and lunch is available at most dining halls for under $11.
> Ask about parking at the entry booths - Cornell tickets are expensive,
> and the available lots are hard to find without a map (but a few are free).
> For photos, see -- http://nyfalls.com/cascadilla.html.
[...]
> --There is a small free lot next to the high suspension bridge opposite the
> Johnson Museum (and a pay meters in front of that, above the other
> bridge entrance).
[...]

Cornell has suffered 6 suicides this year, resulting first in 24 hour
guards on the 8 high bridges, and today I saw Cornell's more
permanent (but, unfortunately, VERY UGLY) solution - 10' high
chain-link fences with even higher wires tilting inward at the tops,
all running along the sides of the bridges and also the adjacent land.
Gone is the beauty of the stone and steel bridges, and of the great
uninterrupted views from them of very beautiful scenery.
--DR

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Voices
Next: Nikon workers stage wildcat strike