From: RustY � on

"Rich" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
At 1600 ISO, , there should be almost no noise visible,

Trolls need to be more subtle - not stupid.

From: Pointless Posts on
Fred wrote:
> "Pointless Posts" <xyz(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Rich wrote:
>>> No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11.
>>> This
>>> image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not
>>> even
>>> cropped, but LOOK at the noise! At 1600 ISO, with an image
>>> size-
>>> reduced this much, there should be almost no noise visible,
>>> IF it
>>> came from a DSLR, which it didn't. That Canon cost over $500
>>> and
>>> it still can't compete with an entry-level $400 DSLR.
>>>
>>> http://p1podas.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_28461.jpg
>>
>> For god's sake, get a life!
>>
>> P&Ses are not intended to compete with DSLRs for low noise
>> level,
>> especially at high ISOs. They are meant to fill another need.
>> Why
>> can't you get that through your thick skull?
>>
> This is his sad little life, he has none beyond this group.
>
> He probably wouldn't have a clue what to do with a DSLR even if
> he
> owned one.
>
> He's obviously not a photographer, as all they're interested in
> is
> taking photos, not sniping and back-stabbing to boost their
> miniscule
> little egos.

We've often seen pro-P&S posts claiming that DSLR owners have a
need to constantly justify their purchase because, deep down,
thay feel that they wasted money needlessly with expensive DSLR
gear. I used to think that this was just sarcasm on their part,
but with the constant stream of anti-P&S nonsense spewed by
people like Rich, I'm beginning to suspect that such claims have
a core of truth, at least with *some* DSLR owners.

From: Chris Malcolm on
Outing Trolls is FUN! <otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:

> I think what really bothers him is that not only do P&S cameras easily
> compete with and beat images from DSLRs:

> http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

> But that non-stabilized P&S cameras even compete with medium format
> Hasselblads securely mounted on a tripod, something that not even DSLRs can
> accomplish:

> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

You still haven't read that, have you, despite having been told by
several folk that it doesn't say what you think it does!

I guess if there's no such thing as a web page which supports your
claims, you have to make do with web pages which don't :-)

--
Chris Malcolm
From: Ray Fischer on
Pointless Posts <xyz(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>Rich wrote:
>> No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11.
>> This
>> image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not even
>> cropped, but LOOK at the noise! At 1600 ISO, with an image
>> size-
>> reduced this much, there should be almost no noise visible, IF
>> it came
>> from a DSLR, which it didn't. That Canon cost over $500 and it
>> still
>> can't compete with an entry-level $400 DSLR.
>>
>> http://p1podas.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_28461.jpg
>
>For god's sake, get a life!
>
>P&Ses are not intended to compete with DSLRs for low noise level,
>especially at high ISOs. They are meant to fill another need. Why
>can't you get that through your thick skull?

You answered your own question in those last two words.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: rwalker on
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:26:04 -0600, Outing Trolls is FUN!
<otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:

>snip

You're as big an idiot as he is.