From: Savageduck on
On 2009-11-11 22:53:57 -0800, Dale Connors
<dconnors(a)spamblockedaddress.com> said:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:12:14 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>

>> The issue is your incessant evangelizing of P&S and insulting many here
>> who use both P&S and DSLR as circumstances dictate, without bias.
>>

> Then I'm sure you'll step up to the plate and correct all your fellow
> DSLR-Trolls every time they say something in error about all P&S cameras,
> and incessantly insult all those that use P&S cameras.
>
> I can hardly wait to see this.
>
> Not that you would know when any of them is in error. You don't even know
> how to properly use any of the cameras that you claim to have. .......

Well here is a "snap shot' (I am not capable of anything better) of the
cameras I claim to have, a K1000, Yashica Electro 35, D70, D300 & G11.
Taken this morning with that other P&S you seem to think I don't have,
or use, the Fujifilm E-900.

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSCF0166w.jpg

Now let's see yours.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:23:55 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2009-11-11 22:53:57 -0800, Dale Connors
><dconnors(a)spamblockedaddress.com> said:
>
>> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:12:14 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>>

>>> The issue is your incessant evangelizing of P&S and insulting many here
>>> who use both P&S and DSLR as circumstances dictate, without bias.
>>>

>> Then I'm sure you'll step up to the plate and correct all your fellow
>> DSLR-Trolls every time they say something in error about all P&S cameras,
>> and incessantly insult all those that use P&S cameras.
>>
>> I can hardly wait to see this.
>>
>> Not that you would know when any of them is in error. You don't even know
>> how to properly use any of the cameras that you claim to have. .......
>
>Well here is a "snap shot' (I am not capable of anything better) of the
>cameras I claim to have, a K1000, Yashica Electro 35, D70, D300 & G11.
>Taken this morning with that other P&S you seem to think I don't have,
>or use, the Fujifilm E-900.
>
>http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSCF0166w.jpg
>
>Now let's see yours.

Sure. Mine's a bit lower tech than some of yours, but probably better
than the OP's.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/711233251_6rqiC-L.jpg
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Savageduck on
On 2009-11-12 08:29:41 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:23:55 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2009-11-11 22:53:57 -0800, Dale Connors
>> <dconnors(a)spamblockedaddress.com> said:

>>> Then I'm sure you'll step up to the plate and correct all your fellow
>>> DSLR-Trolls every time they say something in error about all P&S cameras,
>>> and incessantly insult all those that use P&S cameras.
>>>
>>> I can hardly wait to see this.
>>>
>>> Not that you would know when any of them is in error. You don't even know
>>> how to properly use any of the cameras that you claim to have. .......
>>
>> Well here is a "snap shot' (I am not capable of anything better) of the
>> cameras I claim to have, a K1000, Yashica Electro 35, D70, D300 & G11.
>> Taken this morning with that other P&S you seem to think I don't have,
>> or use, the Fujifilm E-900.
>>
>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSCF0166w.jpg
>>
>> Now let's see yours.
>
> Sure. Mine's a bit lower tech than some of yours, but probably better
> than the OP's.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/711233251_6rqiC-L.jpg

Nice.

I should have included the old hand-me-down from my Dad.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Argus_C3.jpg

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:37:47 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2009-11-12 08:29:41 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:23:55 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> Well here is a "snap shot' (I am not capable of anything better) of the
>>> cameras I claim to have, a K1000, Yashica Electro 35, D70, D300 & G11.
>>> Taken this morning with that other P&S you seem to think I don't have,
>>> or use, the Fujifilm E-900.
>>>
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSCF0166w.jpg
>>>
>>> Now let's see yours.
>>
>> Sure. Mine's a bit lower tech than some of yours, but probably better
>> than the OP's.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/711233251_6rqiC-L.jpg
>
>Nice.
>
>I should have included the old hand-me-down from my Dad.
>http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Argus_C3.jpg

I was playing around with my Kodak #2 Hawk-Eye Model B that is
pictured, and now I understand why some of the old family shots are so
badly composed. You look down on that prism - which is about 3/8"
square - to see what is in the field. The view isn't upside-down as
it was in some cameras, but it is so tiny that figures are barely
discernable. It was truly a point-shoot-and-hope camera.

The photographer did have some controls, though. There's a distance
adjustment, that was only adjustable with a screw-driver, for 8/25
feet, fixed, and 100/300 feet. Shutter speed settings are T,B,25, and
50. Aperture could be set at 1,2,3, or 4 with 1 being wide-open.
This camera was sold between 1926 and 1934.

Despite being around 75 years old, the camera is mint. The bellows is
uncracked, the leather hand grip new looking, and the body unmarked.
If I had some 120 film, it would probably take a decent image.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Savageduck on
On 2009-11-12 09:02:40 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

>>> Sure. Mine's a bit lower tech than some of yours, but probably better
>>> than the OP's.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/711233251_6rqiC-L.jpg
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> I should have included the old hand-me-down from my Dad.
>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Argus_C3.jpg
>
> I was playing around with my Kodak #2 Hawk-Eye Model B that is
> pictured, and now I understand why some of the old family shots are so
> badly composed. You look down on that prism - which is about 3/8"
> square - to see what is in the field. The view isn't upside-down as
> it was in some cameras, but it is so tiny that figures are barely
> discernable. It was truly a point-shoot-and-hope camera.
>
> The photographer did have some controls, though. There's a distance
> adjustment, that was only adjustable with a screw-driver, for 8/25
> feet, fixed, and 100/300 feet. Shutter speed settings are T,B,25, and
> 50. Aperture could be set at 1,2,3, or 4 with 1 being wide-open.
> This camera was sold between 1926 and 1934.
>
> Despite being around 75 years old, the camera is mint. The bellows is
> uncracked, the leather hand grip new looking, and the body unmarked.
> If I had some 120 film, it would probably take a decent image.

Talk about old family shots, this was taken with that Argus around 1952
"3 cousins'" the one on the left is yours truly.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Len.Gav.John-E2w.jpg

--
Regards,

Savageduck