From: Rich on
No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11. This
image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not even
cropped, but LOOK at the noise! At 1600 ISO, with an image size-
reduced this much, there should be almost no noise visible, IF it came
from a DSLR, which it didn't. That Canon cost over $500 and it still
can't compete with an entry-level $400 DSLR.

http://p1podas.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_28461.jpg
From: Ray Fischer on
Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11. This
>image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not even
>cropped,

Idiot.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Pointless Posts on
Rich wrote:
> No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11.
> This
> image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not even
> cropped, but LOOK at the noise! At 1600 ISO, with an image
> size-
> reduced this much, there should be almost no noise visible, IF
> it came
> from a DSLR, which it didn't. That Canon cost over $500 and it
> still
> can't compete with an entry-level $400 DSLR.
>
> http://p1podas.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_28461.jpg

For god's sake, get a life!

P&Ses are not intended to compete with DSLRs for low noise level,
especially at high ISOs. They are meant to fill another need. Why
can't you get that through your thick skull?

From: Fred on
"Pointless Posts" <xyz(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> Rich wrote:
>> No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11. This
>> image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not even
>> cropped, but LOOK at the noise! At 1600 ISO, with an image size-
>> reduced this much, there should be almost no noise visible, IF it came
>> from a DSLR, which it didn't. That Canon cost over $500 and it still
>> can't compete with an entry-level $400 DSLR.
>>
>> http://p1podas.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_28461.jpg
>
> For god's sake, get a life!
>
> P&Ses are not intended to compete with DSLRs for low noise level,
> especially at high ISOs. They are meant to fill another need. Why can't
> you get that through your thick skull?

This is his sad little life, he has none beyond this group.

He probably wouldn't have a clue what to do with a DSLR even if he owned
one.

He's obviously not a photographer, as all they're interested in is taking
photos, not sniping and back-stabbing to boost their miniscule little egos.

From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:17:15 -0000, "Fred" <freda.pain(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Pointless Posts" <xyz(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Rich wrote:
>>> No wonder Canon dropped the pixel count by 33% for the G11. This
>>> image from a blog on a Death Valley photo excursion is not even
>>> cropped, but LOOK at the noise! At 1600 ISO, with an image size-
>>> reduced this much, there should be almost no noise visible, IF it came
>>> from a DSLR, which it didn't. That Canon cost over $500 and it still
>>> can't compete with an entry-level $400 DSLR.
>>>
>>> http://p1podas.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/img_28461.jpg
>>
>> For god's sake, get a life!
>>
>> P&Ses are not intended to compete with DSLRs for low noise level,
>> especially at high ISOs. They are meant to fill another need. Why can't
>> you get that through your thick skull?
>>
>This is his sad little life, he has none beyond this group.
>
>He probably wouldn't have a clue what to do with a DSLR even if he owned
>one.
>
>He's obviously not a photographer, as all they're interested in is taking
>photos, not sniping and back-stabbing to boost their miniscule little egos.

I think what really bothers him is that not only do P&S cameras easily
compete with and beat images from DSLRs:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

But that non-stabilized P&S cameras even compete with medium format
Hasselblads securely mounted on a tripod, something that not even DSLRs can
accomplish:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml