From: Eeyore on

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

> Andy Hart wrote:
>
> > I've just (10 mins ago) purchased a pair of JBL bins from a friend, I
> > don't think I'll risk them on the Peavey, time for another Behringer
> > methinks.
> >
> > Thanks for the advice
>
> I`ve just had two Behringer EP2500 fail on me in quick succession
> (different rigs, different faults) No doubt some people will leap to
> their defence, but it`s no more Berhinger amps for me.

Do tell what you find when you get round to repairing them.

Graham

From: GregS on
In article <46A64324.658429E4(a)hotmail.com>, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Andy Hart wrote:
>
>> Eeyore writes

>> >The power rating is 350W continuous. An 850W amp will have no trouble
> damaging
>> >it.
>> >
>> >Your judgement of '2/3rds volume' (whatever that's supposed to be) is
> clearly
>> >defective.
>>
>> See my other post.
>
>What signal / material were you playing through it ? The only way to be sure of
> the
>power is to meter the amp output.

..

And use a sine wave.

greg
From: Ron(UK) on
Eeyore wrote:

> "Ron(UK)" wrote:

>> I`ve just had two Behringer EP2500 fail on me in quick succession
>> (different rigs, different faults) No doubt some people will leap to
>> their defence, but it`s no more Berhinger amps for me.
>
> Do tell what you find when you get round to repairing them.

I probably wont bother, I`ve lost faith in them.
One of them is a thermal fault, it crackles really loudly on channel 1
when it gets warm. I took a look inside and wasn`t over impressed with
the standard of the soldering, it`s a dry joint farm! Shame because the
basic construction is fine.

I've already replaced one of them with a Yamaha P3500S

Ron(UK)
From: Eeyore on

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > "Ron(UK)" wrote:
>
> >> I`ve just had two Behringer EP2500 fail on me in quick succession
> >> (different rigs, different faults) No doubt some people will leap to
> >> their defence, but it`s no more Berhinger amps for me.
> >
> > Do tell what you find when you get round to repairing them.
>
> I probably wont bother, I`ve lost faith in them.

What are your plans for them ?

> One of them is a thermal fault, it crackles really loudly on channel 1
> when it gets warm. I took a look inside and wasn`t over impressed with
> the standard of the soldering, it`s a dry joint farm! Shame because the
> basic construction is fine.

Don't forget that lead-free soldering looks like dry joints by its very nature.

Graham

From: Ron(UK) on
Eeyore wrote:

> "Ron(UK)" wrote:
>
>> Eeyore wrote:
>>> Do tell what you find when you get round to repairing them.
>> I probably wont bother, I`ve lost faith in them.
>
> What are your plans for them ?

No plan as yet, I`ll probably keep them in a prominent position in the
workshop to remind me not to buy cheap amps in future. Maybe I`ll wait
till I find another one with channel 2 blown and build one out of two.

The second amp to fail had blown the 13amp mains fuse in the plug, the
breaker didnt trip and it wasn't being driven hard. So that one is
working again but I wouldn`t trust it on gigs anymore tho.

> Don't forget that lead-free soldering looks like dry joints by its very nature.

Year but I can tell the difference between a lead free joint, a dry
joint and a joint with so little solder in it that I can probably pluck
the component from the board with my fingers.

Ron(UK)