First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
FAQ 5.25 How do I randomly update a binary file?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 28 Apr 2010 06:08
FAQ 4.51 How do I permute N elements of a list?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 28 Apr 2010 00:38
use constant behavior
use constant DIR => 'log_files'; mkdir DIR unless -e DIR; This places a subdirectory in my current working directory named log_files, creating it if it doesn't exist. print_log(); sub print_log { open LOG, '>', "DIR/log.csv" or die "Cannot open LOG, $!"; ... } This throws a DOES NOT EXIST error. How... 29 Apr 2010 10:05
FAQ 6.21 Are Perl regexes DFAs or NFAs? Are they POSIX compliant?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 27 Apr 2010 12:09
FAQ 6.8 How can I match a locale-smart version of "/[a-zA-Z]/"?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 27 Apr 2010 06:30
FAQ 9.9 How do I automate an HTML form submission?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq9.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 27 Apr 2010 01:03
FAQ 7.20 Why doesn't "my($foo) = <FILE>;" work right?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq7.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 26 Apr 2010 18:20
FAQ 7.10 How do I adopt or take over a module already on CPAN?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq7.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 26 Apr 2010 12:35
checksum calculation for file offsets
Hi, This is what I am trying to achieve. Create a copy of a file. User inputs starting offset and end offset for the file. For this range the perl program should calculate the md5sum for both the original file and the copied file and compare them both. Any idea how to go about dealing with the offsets? ... 27 Apr 2010 15:37
alternative for ctime
hi, I would like to write a script to grep some pattern in few set of log files and alert it... In order to avoid duplicate alert i plan to store the "FILENAME:ERR- LINE-NUMBER:FILE-CREATION-TIME" in a flat file (colon delimiter) , so that next time if the same pattern found in same line it will check agains... 27 Apr 2010 19:03