First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
FAQ 6.17 How do I efficiently match many regular expressions at once?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 7 Jul 2010 06:51
building a hash path index?
I have a large (array) of hashes, and each hash has several fields. I would like to be able to group the hashes by some of the fields, so I thought of creating a hash so that I find an array of selected hashes via: $index->{field1}->{field2}->{field3} I would like to create a method which could be called ... 19 Jul 2010 04:49
FAQ 4.67 How can I make my hash remember the order I put elements into it?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 7 Jul 2010 00:24
FAQ 4.66 How can I store a multidimensional array in a DBM file?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 6 Jul 2010 18:54
FAQ 8.14 How do I modify the shadow password file on a Unix system?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 6 Jul 2010 12:15
how to pass a function name to a function, and have it call it
I have a subroutine which draws arcs, I call it like this: arc( $from, $to, $col, $alist, $trim, $shift, $npoints ); and it draws an arc from $from to $to, with various adornments specified by the other arguments. I have a subroutine sub add { my ( $p, $q ) = @_; my ( $x, $y ) = @$p; my ( $dx,... 7 Jul 2010 13:27
FAQ 7.21 How do I redefine a builtin function, operator, or method?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq7.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 6 Jul 2010 06:47
Posting Guidelines for comp.lang.perl.misc ($Revision: 1.9 $)
Outline Before posting to comp.lang.perl.misc Must - Check the Perl Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Check the other standard Perl docs (*.pod) Really Really Should - Lurk for a while before posting - Search a Usenet archive If You Like - Check Other Re... 6 Jul 2010 14:28
FAQ 7.28 How do I clear a package?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq7.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 6 Jul 2010 00:20
Are there any MySQL queries or software packages for "finding similar items"
Ignoramus12110: .... So... Any suggestion for software to ran strings by similarity and provide "top 5" or something like that? All I can come up with is Levenshtein (not much experience using it, though). May I suggest you use "levenshtein mysql" or "levenshtein php" as a search phrase? -- Erick ... 6 Jul 2010 11:09