First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
FAQ 5.1 How do I flush/unbuffer an output filehandle? Why must I do this?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 22 Jun 2010 12:41
Creating a makefile for installing a Perl application (not a module)
I have a medium-sized application written in Perl which I ship about among a few friends. It has a couple of dozen of Perl programs and a tree of about ten modules, plus some configuration files; there are also OS-related files and shell scripts. All these components need to be placed in the right libraries o... 22 Jun 2010 09:20
FAQ 4.31 How can I split a [character] delimited string except when inside [character]?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 22 Jun 2010 06:04
Fueling your car with natural gas from home
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills, a lot of greenhouse gases. Do you know that there is plenty of natural gas ? The supply will last for many decades, probably for hundred years. A lot o... 22 Jun 2010 05:00
Posting Guidelines for comp.lang.perl.misc ($Revision: 1.9 $)
Outline Before posting to comp.lang.perl.misc Must - Check the Perl Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Check the other standard Perl docs (*.pod) Really Really Should - Lurk for a while before posting - Search a Usenet archive If You Like - Check Other Re... 22 Jun 2010 11:33
DB_File (hash of array) problem
I am trying to write to a database a hash of array (as seen by __DATA__ in the code). But somehow the first element of the array is missing. Any idea why? The second time, it is working correctly. $ cat run.pl use DB_File; use vars qw($db $x %h $k $v $i $key $val); ($db) = @ARGV; %h = (); $x = tie %h, "D... 23 Jun 2010 01:54
FAQ 4.57 What happens if I add or remove keys from a hash while iterating over it?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 21 Jun 2010 18:02
FAQ 8.11 How do I decode encrypted password files?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 21 Jun 2010 12:26
How to submit utility - not module - to CPAN
G'day - I'd like to submit a small utility to CPAN (like those found in perlutil) It's not a module. How do I package it for upload? Do I make a dummy module for it, holding just a shebang and the POD? Thanx, - Steve ... 22 Jun 2010 05:00
FAQ 9.15 How do I parse a mail header?
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq9.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . --------... 22 Jun 2010 23:43