From: Ofnuts on
On 09/05/2010 07:17, mmyvusenet wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
vertical lines in such photographs.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
be a good candidate for HDR.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
removed.

General comments:

1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes
2) put a larger size on Flickr, discussing postage-stamp sized pictures
is tiresome

--
Bertrand
From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:38:55 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <sa1eu59n90sbrf7cifmppva0acugk6udph(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
>><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>>Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
>>>trying to give Miguel the same message.
>>>He just won't take the hint.
>>
>>There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
>>flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
>>subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
>>group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.
>>

>Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he can see no
>other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.

Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?

Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
churches is "brainwashed"?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Paul Furman on
Ofnuts wrote:
> mmyvusenet wrote:
>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>
> Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
> symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
> portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
> building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
> vertical lines in such photographs.

This one is fine, the perspective doesn't bother me and at least it's
not a static centered composition.

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>
> Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
> correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
> be a good candidate for HDR.

Way too dark and badly needs straightening, then it's fine:
http://edgehill.net/1/temp//Clipboard01.jpg

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>
> Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
> too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
> removed.
>
> General comments:
>
> 1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes

Agreed!

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

From: mmyvusenet on
"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:hs7a9g$r69$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> Ofnuts wrote:
>> mmyvusenet wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>>
>> Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
>> symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
>> portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
>> building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
>> vertical lines in such photographs.
>
> This one is fine, the perspective doesn't bother me and at least it's not
> a static centered composition.
>

>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>>
>> Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
>> correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
>> be a good candidate for HDR.
>
> Way too dark and badly needs straightening, then it's fine:
> http://edgehill.net/1/temp//Clipboard01.jpg
>

>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>>
>> Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
>> too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
>> removed.
>>
>> General comments:
>>
>> 1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes
>
> Agreed!

Thank you very much for your comments, I did a change in this photo, maybe
now there is some lighting improvements:

http://www.mmyv.com

From: mmyvusenet on
"Ofnuts" <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:4be71ccd$0$4635$426a74cc(a)news.free.fr...
> On 09/05/2010 07:17, mmyvusenet wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>
> Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
> symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in portrait
> from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the building. And
> learn to use image processing software to straighten vertical lines in
> such photographs.
>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>
> Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
> correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might be
> a good candidate for HDR.
>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>
> Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
> too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
> removed.

Hello, thanks for your interesting comments, I did a change in this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

This is one of the best I could take of this part, and for the future, I'm
thinking of taking this photo with a Tripode.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com