From: mmyvusenet on
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: GMAN on
In article <84mvjmFo7vU2(a)mid.individual.net>, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>
>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
catholic church?
From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN) said:
>
>> In article <84mvjmFo7vU2(a)mid.individual.net>, "mmyvusenet"
>> <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>>>
>>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>>
>> Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
>> catholic church?
>
>Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
>trying to give Miguel the same message.
>He just won't take the hint.

There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

I'd be interested in seeing some street shots of the people in Lima,
but Miguel isn't interested in taking them. I respect that my
interests are not his interests.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: GMAN on
In article <sa1eu59n90sbrf7cifmppva0acugk6udph(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN) said:

>>> Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
>>> catholic church?
>>
>>Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
>>trying to give Miguel the same message.
>>He just won't take the hint.
>
>There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
>flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
>subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
>group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he can see no
other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.

From: GMAN on
In article <2010050912263511137-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>On 2010-05-09 12:00:58 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
>
>> On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
>>> trying to give Miguel the same message.
>>> He just won't take the hint.
>>
>> There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
>> flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
>> subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
>> group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.
>
>Ageed. However it would be nice if he could just polish things up a bit
>to make the shots move beyond the rut he is stuck in. I have no
>objection to shots of churches and cathedrals. They can, and do make
>striking subjects of photographs.
>The same can be said of his captive bird and reptile shots.
>Miguel has just not found the formula to give us those improved shots,
>and as a result his efforts, as a student of photography are not
>progressing at any appreciable rate.
>

>> I'd be interested in seeing some street shots of the people in Lima,
>> but Miguel isn't interested in taking them. I respect that my
>> interests are not his interests.
>
>Once more, I agree. The time has come for him to find other subject
>material, and street shots are a good place to find them. Street
>vendors, other locals, tourists, lovers on a park bench they are all
>there, or should be in a place like Lima. If not Lima he should be able
>to take day trips outside the city into villages where the photo
>opportunities must be endless.

Agreed, I for one would love to see shots of the street venders and
surrounding villages etc. Give us shots of things that many of us who couldnt
possibly travel down there to see.