From: Peter on
"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 6/29/10 10:10 PM, in article 4C2AB5B6.CE889E4E(a)concentric.net, "John
> Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote:
>
>> Peter wrote:
>>>
>>> "John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message

>>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>>>
>>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the
>>> same
>>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
>>> others.
>>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
>>> understood why some may call him brainashed.
>>
>> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
>> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
>> to be insulted.

>>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.
>>
>> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.
>>
>>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
>>> a means to line pockets and control others.
>>
>> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
>> science and technology.
>>
> Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.
>
> Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in
> Portland.

Sad thing is you deny the results of scientific studies and research. If it
affected only you, I really wouldn't care. Try looking at the research of
responsible oceanographers, it might open your eyes. Unless you say if Al
Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

--
Peter

From: rwalker on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:14:08 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
>but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
>have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
>right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
>participate in this group.)

Well said. I don't have time for the twits and the trolls, and a kill
file makes Usenet a much more pleasant experience.
From: Peter on
> Peter wrote:
>>

> Kodak-bashers sometimes post utter nonsense, which I feel must be refuted;
> otherwise, I tend to stay out of controversies.

(Fill in the blank - bashers usually end up posting complete nonsense)

On a long ago visit to Kodak, in Rochester, they had signs saying
"photography prohibited." It always looked strange to me, although the
reason is understandable.

> One should remain open-minded, to all types of hypotheses -- even those
> regarding a "supreme being." This idea has nothing to do with religion,
> just as "flying saucers" are unrelated to the issue of extraterrestrial
> intelligence.
>
> Popular misconceptions abound!

The Flat Earth Society members don't think that their organiation is founded
on a misconception.

--
Peter