From: Bruce on
On Sun, 9 May 2010 18:10:05 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Thank you very much for your comments, I did a change in this photo, maybe
>now there is some lighting improvements:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

What is the subject of this photo?

To put the same question a different way, what is the photo of?

From: Chris H on
In message <jNBFn.98028$ot7.19760(a)en-nntp-16.dc1.easynews.com>, GMAN
<Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> writes
>In article <84mvjmFo7vU2(a)mid.individual.net>, "mmyvusenet"
><mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>Hello:
>>
>>I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>>
>>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>
>Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
>catholic church?

I agree... I think most of us do except Tony who is an apologist for the
Catholic church.

However I think the real problem is not that they are all snaps of
Catholic Churches it is just they at they are not very good or
inspiring.

From: Peter on
"John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message
> tony cooper wrote:

>> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
>> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
>>
>> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
>> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
>> churches is "brainwashed"?
>
> <edited>
>
> Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
> <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
> arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
> them appear open-minded.

I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.

However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
understood why some may call him brainashed.

> Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
> true question of God's existence.

The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as a
means to line pockets and control others.

> The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
> the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
> be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
> of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
> at you.

He is not worth responding to.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> Peter wrote:
>>
>> "John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message

>> > <edited>
>> >
>> > Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
>> > <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
>> > arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
>> > them appear open-minded.
>> >

>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>>
>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the
>> same
>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
>> others.
>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
>> understood why some may call him brainashed.
>
> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
> to be insulted.

I try very hard not to insult people. I refuse to lecture to others on that
issue. My main interest here is photography. Yes I will occassionally
divert.
For me photography is a hobby. I freely share what information I have and
only ask that it be considered, then rejected, followed, or modified. When I
see well intentined advice given by others similarly ignored, I will stop. I
refuse to bang my head against the wall.

>> > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
>> > true question of God's existence.
>> >
>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.
>
> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

Absolutely true and they shold not be advanced as fact, either.

>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
>> a means to line pockets and control others.
>
> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
> science and technology.

So, how does that affect my comment?

>> > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
>> > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
>> > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
>> > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
>> > at you.
>> >

>> He is not worth responding to.
>
> Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
> simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
participate in this group.)

--
Peter

From: George Kerby on

On 6/29/10 10:10 PM, in article 4C2AB5B6.CE889E4E(a)concentric.net, "John
Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote:

> Peter wrote:
>>
>> "John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message

>>> <edited>
>>>
>>> Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
>>> <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
>>> arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
>>> them appear open-minded.
>>>

>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>>
>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
>> understood why some may call him brainashed.
>
> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
> to be insulted.
>
>>> Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
>>> true question of God's existence.
>>>
>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.
>
> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.
>
>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
>> a means to line pockets and control others.
>
> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
> science and technology.

Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.

Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in Portland.