From: Tim Conway on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 8/3/10 10:21 AM, in article
> 2010080308215079149-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-08-03 08:13:13 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>
>> said:
>>

>>> On 8/2/10 8:21 PM, in article
>>> d9e7839f-2682-4eaf-bab0-fad5f2f66c2d(a)g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com,

>>> Just when we thought Rita was gaining control of the medications, he
>>> veers
>>> off again. Oh well...
>>
>> ...but all things considered it is not a bad candid capture, clearly
>>
>> demonstrating just how good the 70-200 f/2.8 can be.
>>
>> The baiting, tongue in cheek subject lines continue to be a groan.
>
> Not just a 'groan', a completely derailed train of thought that most
> likely
> came from the influence of mis-managed pharmaceuticals.
>
> Tell me, looking at that photograph, the thought of baboons picking lice
> would be *your* primary choice for a cut line?
>
> Thought not. Most normal folks as well. Maybe Rita speaks from personal
> experiences? Dunno...

Offbeat as it is, it got our attention, didn't it? cool. nice photo too.
I wish I was as young and thin....

From: Tim Conway on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 8/3/10 10:21 AM, in article
> 2010080308215079149-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-08-03 08:13:13 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>
>> said:
>>

>>> On 8/2/10 8:21 PM, in article
>>> d9e7839f-2682-4eaf-bab0-fad5f2f66c2d(a)g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com,

>>> Just when we thought Rita was gaining control of the medications, he
>>> veers
>>> off again. Oh well...
>>
>> ...but all things considered it is not a bad candid capture, clearly
>>
>> demonstrating just how good the 70-200 f/2.8 can be.
>>
>> The baiting, tongue in cheek subject lines continue to be a groan.
>
> Not just a 'groan', a completely derailed train of thought that most
> likely
> came from the influence of mis-managed pharmaceuticals.
>
> Tell me, looking at that photograph, the thought of baboons picking lice
> would be *your* primary choice for a cut line?
>
> Thought not. Most normal folks as well. Maybe Rita speaks from personal
> experiences? Dunno...

Correction for the grammar police: I wish I were as young and
thin.....(again).

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-08-03 11:36:58 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> said:

> On 8/3/10 10:21 AM, in article
> 2010080308215079149-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-08-03 08:13:13 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> said:
>>

>>> On 8/2/10 8:21 PM, in article
>>> d9e7839f-2682-4eaf-bab0-fad5f2f66c2d(a)g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, "Nervous

>>> Just when we thought Rita was gaining control of the medications, he veers
>>> off again. Oh well...
>>
>> ...but all things considered it is not a bad candid capture, clearly
>>
>> demonstrating just how good the 70-200 f/2.8 can be.
>>
>> The baiting, tongue in cheek subject lines continue to be a groan.
>
> Not just a 'groan', a completely derailed train of thought that most likely
> came from the influence of mis-managed pharmaceuticals.
>
> Tell me, looking at that photograph, the thought of baboons picking lice
> would be *your* primary choice for a cut line?

No, but I understood the source of the metaphor she conjured up, and I
have seen scenes where primate behavior evokes a certain easily
anthropomorphized tender interaction.

> Thought not. Most normal folks as well. Maybe Rita speaks from personal
> experiences? Dunno...

Who knows? I never perceived any need for medication, only an
underlying odd humor.
Rita's subject lines have always been strangely provocative, and we all
seem to get drawn in and tangled up, regardless of how strange, or
however good, bad, corny, or in bad taste her images might be.
I always thought the big mystery to be the obsession with high ticket
equipment, and no apparent need for it. That, and the source of income
to support what appears to nothing more than a hobby. I have yet to see
anything from her of the same quality Bret has given us, or some of the
work submitted to the SI (present company not included.)

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
"Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> Offbeat as it is, it got our attention, didn't it? cool. nice photo too.
> I wish I was as young and thin....

I would settle for either one, preferably in the order you specified. :-)

--
Peter

From: Peter on

> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On 8/3/10 10:21 AM, in article
>> 2010080308215079149-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> ...but all things considered it is not a bad candid capture, clearly
>>>
>>> demonstrating just how good the 70-200 f/2.8 can be.
>>>
>>> The baiting, tongue in cheek subject lines continue to be a groan.
>>
>> Not just a 'groan', a completely derailed train of thought that most
>> likely
>> came from the influence of mis-managed pharmaceuticals.
>>
>> Tell me, looking at that photograph, the thought of baboons picking lice
>> would be *your* primary choice for a cut line?
>>
>> Thought not. Most normal folks as well. Maybe Rita speaks from personal
>> experiences? Dunno...
>>
> Correction for the grammar police: I wish I were as young and
> thin.....(again).

Grammar police be damned! Tis the result I ant.

When I was a lot younger, my mother actually wanted to fatten me up.

--
Peter