From: Nervous Nick on
On Aug 2, 6:43 pm, Larry Thong <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
> Baboons do it in the zoo, they even do it in the wild.  It must be a fun
> activity as it seems to be spreading.
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Lice.jpg>

Why did you choose to share this photo? Were you jonesing for a
reason to use a double exclamation point?
From: SneakyP on
Nervous Nick <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> On Aug 2, 6:43�pm, Larry Thong <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>> Baboons do it in the zoo, they even do it in the wild. �It must be a
>> fu
>> activity as it seems to be spreading.
>>
>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Lice.jpg>
>
> Why did you choose to share this photo? Were you jonesing for a
> reason to use a double exclamation point?

Awhile back, I thought too that Ms. Thing was competing for acceptance
by groveling envy out of her peers of photographers (who don't have the
equipment she has). At the same time, another poster was posting about
their preferred equipment and figured it was some kind of war of the
cameras between them.

It's been better to look at these posts from another view that they
actually say what shots could be had with the equipment being
demonstrated. Nothing more or less.

Considered the second option and found a different perspective.
Besides, this is a photography group so what else was I to think should
be on a rec.photo.digital froup?

Shame on me.

--
SneakyP
To email me, you know what to do.

From: George Kerby on

On 8/2/10 8:21 PM, in article
d9e7839f-2682-4eaf-bab0-fad5f2f66c2d(a)g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, "Nervous
Nick" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 6:43�pm, Larry Thong <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>> Baboons do it in the zoo, they even do it in the wild. �It must be a fun
>> activity as it seems to be spreading.
>>
>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Lice.jpg>
>
> Why did you choose to share this photo? Were you jonesing for a
> reason to use a double exclamation point?

Just when we thought Rita was gaining control of the medications, he veers
off again. Oh well...

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-08-03 08:13:13 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> said:

> On 8/2/10 8:21 PM, in article
> d9e7839f-2682-4eaf-bab0-fad5f2f66c2d(a)g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, "Nervous
> Nick" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 2, 6:43�pm, Larry Thong <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>>> Baboons do it in the zoo, they even do it in the wild. �It must be a fun
>>> activity as it seems to be spreading.
>>>
>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Lice.jpg>
>>
>> Why did you choose to share this photo? Were you jonesing for a
>> reason to use a double exclamation point?
>
> Just when we thought Rita was gaining control of the medications, he veers
> off again. Oh well...

....but all things considered it is not a bad candid capture, clearly
demonstrating just how good the 70-200 f/2.8 can be.

The baiting, tongue in cheek subject lines continue to be a groan.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: George Kerby on

On 8/3/10 10:21 AM, in article
2010080308215079149-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-03 08:13:13 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> said:
>

>> On 8/2/10 8:21 PM, in article
>> d9e7839f-2682-4eaf-bab0-fad5f2f66c2d(a)g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, "Nervous
>> Nick" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Why did you choose to share this photo? Were you jonesing for a
>>> reason to use a double exclamation point?
>>
>> Just when we thought Rita was gaining control of the medications, he veers
>> off again. Oh well...
>
> ...but all things considered it is not a bad candid capture, clearly
>
> demonstrating just how good the 70-200 f/2.8 can be.
>
> The baiting, tongue in cheek subject lines continue to be a groan.

Not just a 'groan', a completely derailed train of thought that most likely
came from the influence of mis-managed pharmaceuticals.

Tell me, looking at that photograph, the thought of baboons picking lice
would be *your* primary choice for a cut line?

Thought not. Most normal folks as well. Maybe Rita speaks from personal
experiences? Dunno...