From: SneakyP on
SneakyP <48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote in

> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in
>

>> ...I do like nice things though, and most times they seem to be
>> prohibitively expensive.
>>

> I'd like to get my hands on a pair of RAAL tweets. Different hobby of
> course, but it's just a $1,200 ribbon tweeter speaker with a sweetly
> diffracted high-end. (or so it has been praised).
>
> OTOH, I want a lens that can produce the clarity that one seems to
> show and it appears that it's going to cost about $1,000 to do that,
> with the rest of the equipment being compatible too.

If Larry/Rita would be able to share what taking that kind of picture
would involve in the equipment end, I'd appreciate the cost quote facts.

--
SneakyP
To email me, you know what to do.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-08-03 23:02:47 -0700, SneakyP
<48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> said:

> SneakyP <48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote in
>
>> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in
>>

>>> ...I do like nice things though, and most times they seem to be
>>> prohibitively expensive.
>>>

>> I'd like to get my hands on a pair of RAAL tweets. Different hobby of
>> course, but it's just a $1,200 ribbon tweeter speaker with a sweetly
>> diffracted high-end. (or so it has been praised).
>>
>> OTOH, I want a lens that can produce the clarity that one seems to
>> show and it appears that it's going to cost about $1,000 to do that,
>> with the rest of the equipment being compatible too.
>>

> If Larry/Rita would be able to share what taking that kind of picture
> would involve in the equipment end, I'd appreciate the cost quote facts.

Consider Larry/Rita has boasted of a camera armory of a D3x @ $7,400 +
70-200mm f/2.8 VRII @$2,179 for a camera lens combo of $9,579.
Not chump change even if we tone back the D3x to a D3s @ $5,200 giving
us a total of $7,379.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:02:47 -0500, SneakyP
<48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote:

>SneakyP <48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote in
>
>> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in
>>

>>> ...I do like nice things though, and most times they seem to be
>>> prohibitively expensive.
>>>

>> I'd like to get my hands on a pair of RAAL tweets. Different hobby of
>> course, but it's just a $1,200 ribbon tweeter speaker with a sweetly
>> diffracted high-end. (or so it has been praised).
>>
>> OTOH, I want a lens that can produce the clarity that one seems to
>> show and it appears that it's going to cost about $1,000 to do that,
>> with the rest of the equipment being compatible too.
>>

>If Larry/Rita would be able to share what taking that kind of picture
>would involve in the equipment end, I'd appreciate the cost quote facts.

It costs about $75 to $350 for any superzoom camera in the last 8-9 years
to accomplish getting even better photos.

<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4858933159_611e8b1234_z.jpg>

From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:36:27 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
<ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:02:47 -0500, SneakyP
><48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote:
>
>>SneakyP <48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in

>>> I'd like to get my hands on a pair of RAAL tweets. Different hobby of
>>> course, but it's just a $1,200 ribbon tweeter speaker with a sweetly
>>> diffracted high-end. (or so it has been praised).
>>>
>>> OTOH, I want a lens that can produce the clarity that one seems to
>>> show and it appears that it's going to cost about $1,000 to do that,
>>> with the rest of the equipment being compatible too.
>>>

>>If Larry/Rita would be able to share what taking that kind of picture
>>would involve in the equipment end, I'd appreciate the cost quote facts.
>
>It costs about $75 to $350 for any superzoom camera in the last 8-9 years
>to accomplish getting even better photos.
>
><http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4858933159_611e8b1234_z.jpg>

Damn, silly me. I forgot, that you pixel obsessed (vs. worthwhile content
obsessed) DSLR-TROLLS, gear-heads, twits, and other assorted
wastes-of-flesh need to see a full resolution crop. Here's the threads in
the jeans.

<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4859015281_a8ec4bd905_m.jpg>

From: Stuffed Crust on
In rec.photo.equipment.35mm tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> intersections with thousands of dollars worth of sound equipment
> blaring out rap "music" so loudly that my door panel shakes. They
> have more money in their rims and wheels than my car costs.

Once, just once, I came across a car blasting out Beethoven.

It made my evening. :)

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^