From: Doug McDonald on
krishnananda wrote:
> In article <i07rrb$rla$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Doug McDonald <mcdonald(a)scs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 6/27/2010 10:04 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:
>>
>>> "Given that real terrorists, and even wannabe terrorists, don't seem to
>>> photograph anything, why is it such pervasive conventional wisdom that
>>> terrorists photograph their targets? Why are our fears so great that
>>> we have no choice but to be suspicious of any photographer?
>>>
>>> "Because it's a movie-plot threat."
>>>
>>> See http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/06/the_war_on_phot.html
>>>
>>> Andrew.
>> Remembr that at least in the US, the powers are doing a modestly good
>> job of police protection. After 9/11, until Obama got in, they did,
>> aided by Lady Luck, did a perfect job. With Obama, of course,
>> Lady Luck saved us a couple of times ... and there was one real, actual,
>> fatal, terrorist attack in the US with 14 fatalities.
>
> I don't think you can count the explosion of the BP drill-baby-drilling
> rig in the Gulf of Mexico as a "terrorist attack."

Gotcha! I'm referring, of course to the terorist attack on the Army
base in Texas by an Islamic radical shrink.

> So the profile is: British, blonde, curly hair, penchant for yacht
> racing, "I want my life back" Tony Hayward?

You really ARE crazy!

Doug MCDonald
From: Doug McDonald on
Mike Russell wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:50:40 -0500, Doug McDonald wrote:
>
>> After 9/11, until Obama got in, they did,
>> aided by Lady Luck, did a perfect job.
>
> Anthrax.

True. I had forgotten that.

But since we don't know who did it, or why, it is not clear
whether it is "real" terrorism or some sort of wacko Unibomber
type terrorism. Clearly the intent was to terrorize.

Doug
From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember Doug McDonald
<mcdonald(a)scs.jllinois.edu> saying something like:

>Gotcha! I'm referring, of course to the terorist attack on the Army
>base in Texas by an Islamic radical shrink.

Yebbut, shrinks quite often go nuts.