From: budgie on
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:42:27 GMT, ppnerkDELETETHIS(a)yahoo.com (Phred) wrote:

>G'day mates,
>
>From time to time I need to "touch" a group of data files and their
>derivatives so they all end up with the same time stamp.

In Win3.x days I used XTree Gold, and when I migrated to Win98 I searched for an
equivalent product. eXtreme is that product. Still use it today.
From: jollyrodgers on

"budgie" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:42:27 GMT, ppnerkDELETETHIS(a)yahoo.com (Phred)
> wrote:
>
>>G'day mates,
>>
>>From time to time I need to "touch" a group of data files and their
>>derivatives so they all end up with the same time stamp.
>
> In Win3.x days I used XTree Gold, and when I migrated to Win98 I searched
> for an
> equivalent product. eXtreme is that product. Still use it today.

DirectoryOpus is the only file manager anyone will ever need.
Used it first way back on the Amiga then grabbed it as soon
as it was released on the PC it is magic.

From: prophet on
jollyrodgers wrote:

> DirectoryOpus is the only file manager anyone will ever need.
> Used it first way back on the Amiga then grabbed it as soon
> as it was released on the PC it is magic.

DirOpus was also my filemanager of choice on the Amiga. Up until version
4.12 that is :-)
Later versions (DOpus 5, Magellan) were workbench-replacers that just
sucked up precious system resources. From what I've seen of the PC
versions, nothing much has changed.
From: jollyrodgers on

"prophet" <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> jollyrodgers wrote:
>
>> DirectoryOpus is the only file manager anyone will ever need.
>> Used it first way back on the Amiga then grabbed it as soon
>> as it was released on the PC it is magic.
>
> DirOpus was also my filemanager of choice on the Amiga. Up until version
> 4.12 that is :-)
> Later versions (DOpus 5, Magellan) were workbench-replacers that just
> sucked up precious system resources. From what I've seen of the PC
> versions, nothing much has changed.

I never went past 4.12 for that reason on the Amiga but I
only had 8mb of fast ram back then.
Today with 1gb does it really matter, I don't think so.

From: Susan Bugher on
Klaatu wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:17:20 GMT, jollyrodgers posted to
> alt.comp.freeware:

>>DirectoryOpus is the only file manager anyone will ever need.

> link? I assume it's freeware, else why mention it here.

Directory Opus by GPSoftware is Shareware.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware