From: Mary on
"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I am still wondring about the large two pack black being $20.00 for
two
> > when I was pretty sure in the store that it was $20.00 for one.
There is
> > usually not that much difference in price from the store and online.
> > they are much the same usually.
>
> Oh I should add it looks like atlantic inkjet is a spiffy place to
shop
> for compatables in the US and Canada.
> http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/canon.asp?Nation=CAN
>
> Ip-1500 CDN $2.45 black 1.6c/page
> ip-1500 cdn $4.45 color
>
> $6.9 plus shipping
> 3x = $20.70 plus shipping
>
> ip-4000
> Big black
> BCI-3e BK $3.95 0.8c/page
> color and small black $3.85 each
>
> 19.35 plus shipping
>
> I'm too lazy to work out the math but it looks like three ip1500 tanks
> is close enough to the same price as 1 set of ip4000 tanks that the
> difference is smallish, except the black i'm pretty sure is double the
> cost for the ip1500 from this reseller per page.
>
> But either way these guys IIRC beat out staples even when taking
> shipping into account. I've not bought from these guys yet, but the
> price is reasonable esp since the price is the same in canadian and us
> dollars, so Canadians spend less.
>
> But either way... $28 bucks will get you a good amount of supplies for
> either printer.
>

> Shipping CDN $6.49... no ink crossing the border, no customs.

Yes, I've heard of Atlantic inkjet quite a few times but since I always
bought Staples compatibles, I've never needed to look into it.

Well, as of this morning, the ip4000 is not available on Staples.Late
last night I was on their site and it was listed, then I went to another
area on the same site and came back to the printers listings and the 400
wasn't there, and I went away and came back and it was there. I printed
it
but when I came back a few minutes later, it was gone again. It was very
weird. I've never seen that before. Maybe someone was updating the web
page at the same time as I was there, and took the 4000 out or were in
the process. This morning I looked and the 4000 is gone. Maybe people
overheard us talk about the 4000 and bought them all up -kidding, (I
think) :)
I phoned the catalog office to check and sure enough, its not available.
I also asked if you buy a printer at one of their stores, and have an
extended warranty and take it back to the store and if they don't have
the printer you are interested in, but the website (warehouse) does,can
you get the store to order the printer from the warehouse and send it to
the store and I pick it up there when I bring back my printer. The girl
said when you buy anything from the store with an extended warranty, you
have to take the printer back to the store, and maybe ask the sales guy
or Manager of the store to order the item in from the catalog
(warehouse). Online buying and store buying even from same place has
different procedures and you deal with one place or the other and not
cross over.. Anyway, no use talking about the 4000. Its not available. I
was ticked off. The listing has been there for weeks and when I go to
inquire more about it, its not there. The girl said it was bad timing.
Story of my life.

I originally thought I would get the printhead and be able to reset the
counter and use the ip1500 for a while, then buy another printer under
the extended warranty, but so far, have not been able to do this.Tony
has been very helpful, and I've followed instructions, but it hasn't
worked yet. He gave me more ideas today. I thought I would have more
time to think about the 4000 but has been decided for me..
The 4200 is $140.00 ,only $10.00 more than 4200, but has no compatibles.
I'd rather not
get a printer with no Staples compatibles. I asked the guy at Staples
before, will the 4200 get compatibles and he said probably but they will
likely be more money than the 4000 because of the chip. I checked Canon
carts for the 4200 and they are $21.00 each and $17.00 or something for
the big black, instead of compatibles at $8.46 each for the 4000 and
$20.00 for two pack big black. Big difference in price.

So I am back to square one. I think I can probably still get the refurb
ip1500 but only have a couple of days to do it, or let things go and get
another printer later. I will need one soon if I can't get the ip1500
reset. I don't see anything I want right now, except I was considering
the 4000 from your recommendation and Burts and others, but will have to
forget about it and look for something else. It makes me mad that it was
there for a few weeks and the very time I might think about how I can
get it, it is suddenly unlisted. Oh well..

Mary

From: Mary on
> > I said to him it
> > would be much easier if they put the model number of the printer on
the
> > carts, or put the cart number on the models, not on the boxes which
are
> > often not there, but maybe a sticker on the demos. It would save a
lot
> > of running around for the customer and the sales guy. I think it
could
> > be done.Just my view.
>
> The demos even if they dont' have cartridges in them always have the
> cartridge number they require. HPs have nice little circles and
> triangles as well.

Maybe I'm blind then, as I've never seen any cart numbers on the demos
in Staples and if that was the case, I wouldn't think the sales guy
would have to go and look the cart number up on a chart and see where
they were located on the carts hanging on the wall.

> The boxes often contain the model number which they are good for, but
> because there are so many models they have to print it really small.

The boxes are not usually where the demos are on the shelves. I did see
some new HP 5940 printers piled up in boxes on the floor half way up one
of the Staples store and you're right, the cart numbers were clearly
marked on the boxes, but maybe that was a shipment just came in to the
store. Often the boxes are not with the demos. There might be three
shelves of demo printers and all in one printers, but not many boxes
with new printers. They are probably kept mainly in the back. Cameras
and monitors are the same, demos only on shelves, new ones in boxes at
back in storage area.

Mary

From: Mary on
> > Is this a compliment or an insult?
>
> I think dynamite is a good thing, though I have this mental image of
> J.J. Walker from "goodtimes" slapping his hands, doing a twist and
> yelling "dy-no-mite". That's never a good thing.
> http://www.dynomitejj.com/good_times.html

Haha. Good one. You are funny at times.
Well, saying I am dynamite coming from measekite could very well be a
compliment, though no way to be sure. I don't see measekite's messages
so never saw the original. See what I was missing?- compliments - well
maybe, or could be something else, but not sure what :)

Mary

From: Mary on
"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4(a)netscape.net> wrote in message
> Mary wrote:
>
> > "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4(a)netscape.net> wrote in message

> >>I didn't change any of the original text except to remove the
> >>unnecessary long winded wording. It makes a lot more sense now when
> >
> > you
> >
> >>remove the gibberish . . .
> >>
> >>-Taliesyn
> >

> > Is this a compliment or an insult?
> >
> > Mary
> >

> Insult? No insult.
>
> Measetyke wrote some near-incomprehensible gibberish, as usual, so I
did
> my best to translate (decipher and guess) what he truly wanted to say
> to you :-). But without altering the original article! No, I have no
> reason to insult. I'm not a troll.

I knew you were not insulting and not a troll. You had said the message
was from measekite, so knew it wasn't you. He is the only one who types
on a keyboard he probably invented himself, which has no lower case
keys.

> I'm simply one of the resident
> members of this newsgroup who refills his own cartridges. This act
alone
> frightens Measekite to death as he keeps insisting it'll ruin my
> printer (he has nothing better to do). It's a typical troll response
> because he's never used any non-Canon inks so he has zero experience
and
> zero credibility. I've been using them for near 10 years now.

Well, after 10 years, I'm sure you are not going to have any problem
now. Lots of people refill carts and lots use compatibles and lots buy
the brand make, but each to their own. Why would anyone want to buy
Canon inks when they get as good a result with refilling or compatibles,
unless you had nothing better to do with your money and wanted rid of
it, OR he just likes to bug you guys and wants to get attention.Thats
mostly why trolls troll. They need to feel important and noticed like
children.

> It costs
> me a buck or something to fill a cartridge. Probably a bit higher now
> that I've gone to smaller refill bottles from a different source
> (HobbiColors). I stopped counting as my cost is "near negligible" when
> compared to what it would cost me if had I used genuine Canon
cartridges
> - about $120 CAD in Canada for a set of 5. That's an insane price to
ask
> anyone to pay for something as stupid as ink!!!! I enjoy the feeling
of
> being able to print out entire phone books, if I had to, and not wince
> at the cost. I run two printers this way (plus I have one in storage).

I agree with you as far as buying Canon cartridges. I wouldn't buy them.
I prefer Staples compatible carts and used them for the past year and
never had any problem with them. If I wasn't able to do that, my next
choice would be to go to an ink refiller in a mall near me. I used
Island Jet when I had an Epson C64 which was a kiler for ink prices and
running back and forth every five minutes. For myself, I can't get
thrilled about refilling and have no desire to try it, but for those who
like it, nothing wrong with that. We all make our own choices. You pays
your money and you takes your choice :)

Mary

From: Mary on
> > Well, saying I am dynamite coming from measekite could very well be
> > compliment, though no way to be sure. I don't see measekite's
messages
> > so never saw the original. See what I was missing?- compliments -
well
> > maybe, or could be something else, but not sure what :)
>
> Measekite is very much like JJ Walker with turrets syndrome... so most
> of the time I have no idea what he is talking about. I imagine he
> walks around pad shouting dy-no-mite, inky stinky, and woot woot. As
> as far as what you've missed, you missed some childish poetry, some
> woot woot, and dy-no-mite. I should construct a measekite simulator
> for those who enjoy the woot woot dy-no-mite, but most of the time I
> can't translate a word of it. I think I can trasnlate this message
> into something similar.

<proceeds with translation>

I guess I didn't miss much then.

Did you see my post about the 4000 not there any more? What nerve they
have!

Mary