From: Burt on

"Mary" <no(a)japamjunk.com> wrote in message
> "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> I guess I didn't miss much then.
>
> Did you see my post about the 4000 not there any more? What nerve they
> have!
>
> Mary

Mary - I've been guilty, on many occasions, of something I've watched you do
since your first post about your printer problem. You've worried each
detail, kind of beat it to death, and if you had any intention of getting an
ip4000 you studied and studied the problem so long that they sold out! I've
finally learned that "he who hesitates is lost." I really think that at
virtually every level your wish has been to keep your present printer (or
its exact replacement) and you are fixed on continuing to use tricolor
carts regardless of any reason to do otherwise. This is not a value
judgement - I respect the fact that each person has to do what is
comfortable for herself.

When I shopped for my first computer (IBM PC) in 1981 or 1982, I went back
to the vendor time after time and kept asking the same questions over and
over. He finally took a piece of paper and wrote two words on it, "Ready,
Aim", and handed the paper to me. He asked me what I saw on the paper and I
said, " this is the beginning of the command, "ready, aim, fire." He then
said, The problem you have, Burt, is that you get ready, you aim, and get
ready and aim, and again get ready and aim, but you don't fire!

If you feel best with your present printer/ink system and are really
reluctant to buy anything different, then by all means go for the refurb
unit and stop suffering! You won't be out even a nickel and you can
probably get Staples to extend the warranty on your original unit to its
replacement, but you will still have 90 days warranty (I believe) on the
factory refurb.

From: Mary on
"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message

> "Mary" <no(a)japamjunk.com> wrote in message
> > "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I guess I didn't miss much then.
> >
> > Did you see my post about the 4000 not there any more? What nerve
they
> > have!
> >
> > Mary
> >

> Mary - I've been guilty, on many occasions, of something I've watched
you do
> since your first post about your printer problem. You've worried each
> detail, kind of beat it to death, and if you had any intention of
getting an
> ip4000 you studied and studied the problem so long that they sold out!
I've
> finally learned that "he who hesitates is lost."

You always take a chance when you hesitate in anything that the thing,
or person or whatever will not be available. The problem with me has
been indecision.

I really think that at
> virtually every level your wish has been to keep your present printer
(or
> its exact replacement) and you are fixed on continuing to use
tricolor
> carts regardless of any reason to do otherwise. This is not a value
> judgement - I respect the fact that each person has to do what is
> comfortable for herself.

There are some things I like about the IP1500, but I really don't think
I am as set on it as you think, or about tri color, though at the start,
it was more the case. If it were completely true, I would have phoned
Canon yesterday and told them to send me the refurb one but I have been
indecisive and that has been my problem.. But I have slowly come to
think that maybe you and Zak were right about the ip400, that it is a
better printer, but that was after I found out that when I checked in
Staples a couple of days ago and found out the ip4000 carts are not as
expensive as I had thought and maybe won't be as hard on ink as the
Epson I had. But the ip4000 is not available now anyway. I would
consider the 4200 but they have no compatibles and yes, I must admit I
want a printer with compatible carts so that part is true whatever
printer I get.

> When I shopped for my first computer (IBM PC) in 1981 or 1982, I went
back
> to the vendor time after time and kept asking the same questions over
and
> over. He finally took a piece of paper and wrote two words on it,
"Ready,
> Aim", and handed the paper to me. He asked me what I saw on the paper
and I
> said, " this is the beginning of the command, "ready, aim, fire." He
then
> said, The problem you have, Burt, is that you get ready, you aim, and
get
> ready and aim, and again get ready and aim, but you don't fire!

That can happen mainly if you do not see what you really want though
some people are more indecisive than others.. If I see 5 TV's and they
all look good to me and have most features I want, I probably choose the
one which I like the looks of and has features I like and colors and a
brand I like, but if there are only two TV's I like and both are just
ok, but not really what I want, indecision sets in and I might not buy
any of them and wait for something I like better. I admit I can be
indecisive at times. I sometimes need to be convinced of things and
other times, take the devils advocate position which leads to more
indecision. I think this has happened when comparing the ip1500 with the
ip4000.

> If you feel best with your present printer/ink system and are really
> reluctant to buy anything different, then by all means go for the
refurb
> unit and stop suffering! You won't be out even a nickel and you can
> probably get Staples to extend the warranty on your original unit to
its
> replacement, but you will still have 90 days warranty (I believe) on
the
> factory refurb.

If I get the refurb one, it would have a different serian number, and I
don't think the Extended warranty that I have on the ip1500 would be any
good as the original receipt has the serial number on it.
I appreciate your viewpoint.

Mary

From: measekite on
SHE HAS OCD

From: measekite on
SHE HAS OCD

From: measekite on

Mary wrote:

>"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4(a)netscape.net> wrote in message
>

>>Mary wrote:
>>

>>>"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4(a)netscape.net> wrote in message

>>>you

DA DUMKOFF HIGH SCHOOL MORONIC IMBECILE