From: Jeff Strickland on

"Alex Clayton" <Alexx1400(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Steve B" <deserttraver(a)fishymail.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "JD" <No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote
>>
>> I for one have a huge pile off
>>> stuff I should get listed on there at some point, but I keep telling
>>> myself it will come in handy.
>>>
>>> JD
>>
>> Whenever I get rid of ANYTHING, I will need it within a week.
>>
>> Guaranteed!
>>
>> Steve
>>

> LOL, there is an old line that goes something like Junk is defined as
> something you need 2 days after you tossed it out.
> --

Junk is something you DON'T need until two days after you toss it out.

The difference is, it's junk while you have it instead of becoming junk
after it's gone. It's not junk if you need it, it's only junk if you have it
but don't need it.

From: Steve B on

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote

I recently bought rwo 1G sticks of the RAM you need for
> under $50.

That's what I'm talking about.

Steve

From: Steve B on

"Alex Clayton" <Alexx1400(a)yahoo.com> wrote
> --
> How's all that "hope and change" working out for you so far?

I really do hope it is going to change. Back the way we had it before all
this stuff.

Steve

From: Jeff Strickland on

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote
>
> I recently bought rwo 1G sticks of the RAM you need for
>> under $50.
>
> That's what I'm talking about.
>
> Steve

They have advertised specials, and the advertisement for the weekend and
next week comes out tomorrow, Friday. So, you will get the most current
price on Friday or Saturday, when you pull into Las Vegas.

From: James D. Andrews on

> "JD" <No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote
>

>> There's usually a sticker on the module, what does it say?
>>
>> for example: OCZ PC3200 512MB 2.5-4-4-8 PN:OCZ400512v25
>>
>> This tells you manufacturer, type, amount of ram, voltage, cas timings
>> and part number, if you give us the info on the memmory we can recomend a
>> replacment type for you.
>>
>> As for high density ram this just means there are more bits (MB) per chip
>> on the memory module (128mb chips instead of 64mb chips for a 1Gb module)
>>
>> JD
>
> Info on RAM module sticker:
>
> MT16VDDT6464AG-40BGB 200419 CBNBJ80001
>
> MADE IN SINGAPORE
>
> 512 MB, DDR, 400, CL3
>
> Today, I looked at Fry's, and they had two sticks 1 gb each, for $70 with
> a $35 rebate. Now that I go back, it's gone. Go figger.
>
> Looking at these at Fry's, some have the common numbers of PC3200, which
> mine has in the hardware profile. And the 400 on the RAM module is, I
> think, 400 MHz. Am I reading this correctly?
>
> Can anyone recommend where I can get one on sale or less than $40 a stick?
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> Steve

Before you upgrade your RAM, you should find out if your motherboard will
support it. You can contact your computer manufacturer tech support if in
doubt.

I have used the following to order RAM specific to systems and had good
results.

http://www.edgetechcorp.com

Also, I swear by www.newegg.com for almost all of my parts.