From: manolobh on
El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribi�:
> I am led to believe that RM ISAM files are the same format and compatible
> with, Fujitsu ISAM.
>
> I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a position
> to confirm or deny this?
>
> Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall
> impression of it is, and what COBOL standard was last implemented by it?
>
> Pete.
Perd�n por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.
Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
Lo �nico que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
convertir los num�ricos con signo.
Ej. CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING <nombre campo>.
Espero que os sirva la respuesta.
Un saludo desde Espa�a.
-Manolo-

From: Richard on
On Jul 8, 3:40 am, manolobh <manol...(a)yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribió:> I am led to believe that RM ISAM files are the same format and compatible
> > with, Fujitsu ISAM.
>
> > I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a position
> > to confirm or deny this?
>
> > Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall
> > impression of it is, and what COBOL standard was last implemented by it?
>
> > Pete.
>
> Perdón por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.
> Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
> compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
> desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
> Lo único que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
> convertir los numéricos con signo.
> Ej.      CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING <nombre campo>.
> Espero que os sirva la respuesta.
> Un saludo desde España.
> -Manolo-

From Babel Fish:

Pardon not to write in English, but is made me very uphill. The
indexed files of the Rm-cobol, concerning file, are compatible 100%
with Fujitsu Cobol. Have I them working and them treatment from "rm"
and "fc" simultaneously. The unique thing that there is to do from
Fujitsu Cobol is a call to turn [convert] the numerical ones with
sign. Ex CALL " #DEC88TOFJ" USING <name field>. I hope that it serves
the answer to you.
A greeting from Spain.
-Manolo-

From: manolobh on
El 07/07/2010 20:48, Richard escribi�:
> On Jul 8, 3:40 am, manolobh<manol...(a)yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribi�:> I am led to believe that RM ISAM files are the same format and compatible
>>> with, Fujitsu ISAM.
>>
>>> I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a position
>>> to confirm or deny this?
>>
>>> Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall
>>> impression of it is, and what COBOL standard was last implemented by it?
>>
>>> Pete.
>>
>> Perd�n por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.
>> Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
>> compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
>> desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
>> Lo �nico que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
>> convertir los num�ricos con signo.
>> Ej. CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING<nombre campo>.
>> Espero que os sirva la respuesta.
>> Un saludo desde Espa�a.
>> -Manolo-
>
> From Babel Fish:
>
> Pardon not to write in English, but is made me very uphill. The
> indexed files of the Rm-cobol, concerning file, are compatible 100%
> with Fujitsu Cobol. Have I them working and them treatment from "rm"
> and "fc" simultaneously. The unique thing that there is to do from
> Fujitsu Cobol is a call to turn [convert] the numerical ones with
> sign. Ex CALL " #DEC88TOFJ" USING<name field>. I hope that it serves
> the answer to you.
> A greeting from Spain.
> -Manolo-

Thanks for your translation.
-Manolo-
From: Anonymous on
In article <19e1d067-5b24-4bb8-a41c-bbc32a24a749(a)m37g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
Richard <riplin(a)Azonic.co.nz> wrote:
>On Jul 8, 3:40?am, manolobh <manol...(a)yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribi?:> I am led to believe that
>RM ISAM files are the same format and compatible
>> > with, Fujitsu ISAM.
>>
>> > I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a position
>> > to confirm or deny this?
>>
>> > Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall
>> > impression of it is, and what COBOL standard was last implemented by it?
>>
>> > Pete.
>>
>> Perd?n por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.
>> Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
>> compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
>> desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
>> Lo ?nico que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
>> convertir los num?ricos con signo.
>> Ej. ? ? ?CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING <nombre campo>.
>> Espero que os sirva la respuesta.
>> Un saludo desde Espa?a.
>> -Manolo-
>
>From Babel Fish:
>
>Pardon not to write in English, but is made me very uphill. The
>indexed files of the Rm-cobol, concerning file, are compatible 100%
>with Fujitsu Cobol. Have I them working and them treatment from "rm"
>and "fc" simultaneously. The unique thing that there is to do from
>Fujitsu Cobol is a call to turn [convert] the numerical ones with
>sign. Ex CALL " #DEC88TOFJ" USING <name field>. I hope that it serves
>the answer to you.
>A greeting from Spain.
>-Manolo-

From http://translate.google.com:

--begin quoted text:

Sorry for not writing in English, but I was deeply pained.
The files indexed from Rm-cobol, file-level, 100%
compatible with Fujitsu Cobol. I have them running and the treatment
from "rm" and "k" at a time.
All you have to do from Fujitsu Cobol is a call for
convert numeric sign.
CALL eg "# DEC88TOFJ" USING <field name>.
I hope to serve you the answer.
Greetings from Spain.

--end quoted text

From http://www.freetranslation.com:

--begin quoted text:

Pardon by write not in English, but is done me very uphill. The card
indexes index-linked of the Rm-cobol, to level of card index, they are
100% compatible with Fujitsu Cobol. I have them functioning and the deal
since "rm" and "fc" at the same time. The unique thing that one must do
from Fujitsu Cobol is a call to convert the numerical with sign. Ej.
CALL #DEC88TOFJ" USING <nombre campo>. I expect that the answer serve
you. A greeting from Spain.

--end quoted text

Brings me back to my Kollidj Daze, aye.

DD

From: Pete Dashwood on
manolobh wrote:
> El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribi�:
>> I am led to believe that RM ISAM files are the same format and
>> compatible with, Fujitsu ISAM.
>>
>> I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a
>> position to confirm or deny this?
>>
>> Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall
>> impression of it is, and what COBOL standard was last implemented by
>> it? Pete.
> Perd�n por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.

No es problemo. Yo vivi en Madrid durante dos anos...
> Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
> compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
> desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
> Lo �nico que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
> convertir los num�ricos con signo.
> Ej. CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING <nombre campo>.

Comprendo.

Pero donde puedo encontrar esta rutina? Cual es la diferencia en el signo?

Por que es el signo un problemo?

> Espero que os sirva la respuesta.

Ha me ayudo, si.

Muchas gracias, Manolo.