From: manolobh on
El 09/07/2010 17:48, Pete Dashwood escribi�:
> manolobh wrote:
>> El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribi�:
>>> I am led to believe that RM ISAM files are the same format and
>>> compatible with, Fujitsu ISAM.
>>>
>>> I don't have any to try out but I'd like to know if anybody is in a
>>> position to confirm or deny this?
>>>
>>> Also, if anybody is using RM COBOL can you tell me what your overall
>>> impression of it is, and what COBOL standard was last implemented by
>>> it? Pete.
>> Perd�n por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.
>
> No es problemo. Yo vivi en Madrid durante dos anos...
>> Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
>> compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
>> desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
>> Lo �nico que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
>> convertir los num�ricos con signo.
>> Ej. CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING<nombre campo>.
>
> Comprendo.
>
> Pero donde puedo encontrar esta rutina? Cual es la diferencia en el signo?
>
> Por que es el signo un problemo?
>

>> Espero que os sirva la respuesta.
>
> Ha me ayudo, si.
>
> Muchas gracias, Manolo.
>
>> Un saludo desde Espa�a.
>
> ... y tambien de Nueva Zelanda :-)
>
> Pete.
Hola Pete.
La rutina est� incluida, no hay que hacer nada especial.
Porque con signo? no lo he pensado, pero ayer precisamente tenia un
-1,00 en un campo pic S9(9)v99 en un as/400 y me lo devolvia como -1,0=
Al ponerle el "call" ya me lo devolvia bien. Asi que "algo tiene que ver".
Un saludo.
-Manolo-
From: Alistair on
The use of English and Spanish (I presume; No Habla Espanole) in this
thread has made me wonder about the compilers used in non-English
speaking countries: are they forced to use English or are there
language options which allow the use of local languages?
From: Bill Gunshannon on
In article <26a0bca1-96a1-4019-b01f-b944d4239e94(a)u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,
Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> writes:
> The use of English and Spanish (I presume; No Habla Espanole) in this
> thread has made me wonder about the compilers used in non-English
> speaking countries: are they forced to use English or are there
> language options which allow the use of local languages?

If you mean for keywords, I have never seen one and doubt any compnay
has ever produced one. I have never seen an option for any Open Source
compiler that changed keywords into a lnaguage other than english. And,
actually, the same goes for Operating Systems. I have never seen one
with commands in anything but English.

I remember working with a bunch of Turkish Army Officers at the US Army
Programmer school back in 1980. Imagine trying to offer assistance when
the COBOL statements are in English but all the "meaningful variable
names" are in Turkish. :-)

bill

billg999(a)cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>
From: SkippyPB on
On 11 Jul 2010 11:21:51 GMT, billg999(a)cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon)
wrote:

>In article <26a0bca1-96a1-4019-b01f-b944d4239e94(a)u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,
> Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> writes:
>> The use of English and Spanish (I presume; No Habla Espanole) in this
>> thread has made me wonder about the compilers used in non-English
>> speaking countries: are they forced to use English or are there
>> language options which allow the use of local languages?
>
>If you mean for keywords, I have never seen one and doubt any compnay
>has ever produced one. I have never seen an option for any Open Source
>compiler that changed keywords into a lnaguage other than english. And,
>actually, the same goes for Operating Systems. I have never seen one
>with commands in anything but English.
>
>I remember working with a bunch of Turkish Army Officers at the US Army
>Programmer school back in 1980. Imagine trying to offer assistance when
>the COBOL statements are in English but all the "meaningful variable
>names" are in Turkish. :-)
>
>bill

Having worked in many foreign countries, I can say I've never seen a
COBOL compiler with non-English syntax. What's even harder for some
non-English countries is making data names they can understand when
the local alphabet isn't supported. This is true with Sanskrit type
languages. But the programmers all seem to be able to cope.

Regards,
--

////
(o o)

"Without Deviation From the norm, progress is not possible.
-- Frank Zappa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
From: Pete Dashwood on
manolobh wrote:
> El 09/07/2010 17:48, Pete Dashwood escribi�:
>> manolobh wrote:
>>> El 05/07/2010 12:07, Pete Dashwood escribi�:

>>> Perd�n por no escribir en ingles, pero se me hace muy cuesta arriba.
>>
>> No es problemo. Yo vivi en Madrid durante dos anos...
>>> Los ficheros indexados del Rm-cobol , a nivel de fichero, son 100%
>>> compatibles con Fujitsu Cobol. Yo los tengo funcionando y los trato
>>> desde "rm" y "fc" a la vez.
>>> Lo �nico que hay que hacer desde Fujitsu Cobol es una llamada para
>>> convertir los num�ricos con signo.
>>> Ej. CALL "#DEC88TOFJ" USING<nombre campo>.
>>
>> Comprendo.
>>
>> Pero donde puedo encontrar esta rutina? Cual es la diferencia en el
>> signo? Por que es el signo un problemo?
>>

>>> Espero que os sirva la respuesta.
>>
>> Ha me ayudo, si.
>>
>> Muchas gracias, Manolo.
>>
>>> Un saludo desde Espa�a.
>>
>> ... y tambien de Nueva Zelanda :-)
>>
>> Pete.
> Hola Pete.
> La rutina est� incluida, no hay que hacer nada especial.
> Porque con signo? no lo he pensado, pero ayer precisamente tenia un
> -1,00 en un campo pic S9(9)v99 en un as/400 y me lo devolvia como
> -1,0= Al ponerle el "call" ya me lo devolvia bien. Asi que "algo
> tiene que ver". Un saludo.
> -Manolo-

Ah, claro.

Muchas gracias, y felicitaciones por ganancia de la copa mundial :-)

Viva Espana!

Pete.