From: Peter Foldes on
Registry Cleaners does nothing to speed up your system. All it will do is mess it up
and at times to the point where you cannot boot.

See and read the following
Should I use a Registry Cleaner
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099
--
Peter

From: Buffalo on

rjdriver wrote:
> "Quilljar" <not(a)home .today> wrote in message
>> Is there a reliable free Windows 7 Registry cleaner?
>

> Uniblu Redistry Booster is not free, but well worth it. I was amazed
> at the speed difference. Didn't realize the registry was written to
> that often.
>

> Bob

Sure it does. You sound like a shill for them. :)
Buffalo
PS: Most realize that registry cleaners are a sham product and the only real
cleaning they do is cleaning your wallet(if you're lucky that they didn't
screw up you system).
But, I'm sure that somewhere down the line they may have helped some
computer, somewhere.

From: David Kaye on
ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>But then I like a lean machine for speed and efficiency.

Then turn off unneeded services and defrag.
From: Boris Badenov on
rjdriver wrote:

> Uniblu Redistry Booster is not free, but well worth it. I was amazed at the
> speed difference. Didn't realize the registry was written to that often.
>

> Bob

Speed difference? Get off the drugs, dude.
From: Boris Badenov on
Peter Foldes wrote:
> Registry Cleaners does nothing to speed up your system. All it will do
> is mess it up and at times to the point where you cannot boot.

That is mostly true but the reg cleaner in CCleaner is quite safe and
does not remove all invalid entries. I've used it many times and it has
never 'effed things up on me yet. I use it to erase history info which
is stored in the registry so it does have it's uses. Speeding up the PC
is not my reason for using it.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Rant
Next: Spyware Blaster Database Updated 3|12|2010