First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Questions about the relationship between the metric tensor and the gravitational field
In the linear approximation, the metric tensor g^uv is related to the gravitational field h^uv according to (k=sqrt(16 pi G)): g^uv = eta^uv + k h^uv (1) Further, the "graviton" field psi^uv is related to h^uv according to (what is the best thing to call psi^uv, in contrast to h^uv?): psi^uv = h^uv - .5... 18 Nov 2009 12:21
Einstein "fingers" and relativity
I remember once I read some comments from Einstein himself in which he somehow said that he could imagine what happen with space/time through some weird play with his own fingers. Seriously. I am a theoretical physicist myself and to me that was a very weird, confusing and unpedagogical thing to hear, but I found ... 10 Dec 2009 23:24
There is no time dilation or physical length contraction.
There is no time dilation. 1. Clocks in different frames runs at different rates. 2. A clock second does not represent the same duration (absolute time content) in different frames. In other words a clock second is not a universal interval of time in different frames. There is no physical length contraction. 1.... 23 Nov 2009 15:15
Black Holes physicsup.com
On Nov 11, 7:19 pm, "physicsup.com" <physic...(a)gmail.com> wrote:       Black Holes       physicsup.com   I want to point out that black holes, are stars only negatively charged, and this according to my theory. These stars absorbs positively charged particles, because the composition of most of the ... 12 Nov 2009 00:44
Dogs of CERN’s Boss threatened to put me into jail.
Dogs of CERN’s Boss threatened to put me into jail. Yesterday some man, possibly from Rolf Heuer environment, had phoned me and asked – did I threaten to Heuer. The conversation was ended by the threat to put me into jail and by saying that our phone conversation was recorded. Dear CERN leaders, I feel myself ... 16 Nov 2009 11:17
New physics theory - physicsup.com
New physics theory - physicsup.com That this theory, identify the black holes, dark matter, and sunspots. The earth's Warming, and the effects of the space shuttle out on the climate and gravity. And provide a deeper understanding of the so-called forces of nature, and a definition of the charge, and have th... 10 Nov 2009 12:59
LA RACINE DU MAL EN PHYSIQUE, In a dozen of days CERN’s LHC will kill all of you
Magnetic wrote: In a dozen of days CERN’s LHC will kill all of you and all of your relatives. Tell us how it feels in a dozen days. We'll be waiting! ... 10 Nov 2009 09:33
Simultaneous events and accelerations - contradiction?
The following seems contradictory. There are two identical rockets separated a distance L as measured on the x-axis in an inertial reference frame. Let the two rockets be on parallel lines to the x-axis. An observer in a frame moving at V relative to the x-axis turns on the thrusters of both rockets simultaneou... 9 Nov 2009 17:46
Riedt vs Einstein
Riedt vs Einstein Einstein's first postulate of Special Relativity (Principle of Relativity): The laws of Physics are the same in all inertial systems. No preferred inertial system exists. Riedt’s POR: The laws of physics are the same in all systems but measurement data is not available instantaneously and the... 12 Nov 2009 14:01
An Absolute Chronometer
An Absolute Chronometer If the space between observers here on earth and a distant optical source were a perfect vacuum then the speed of the light rays coming from that source would depend only on the motion of that source compared to our position or motion. In that case, time dilation and frequency shift would... 8 Nov 2009 22:59